Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are 90 miles SW of Angelo(Iraan). They started chasing pretty good on Friday. Should get better every day from here on out. New deer showed up daily through the trip. Horns suck but the deer are healthy! Good luck to all of the Tgiving hunters

Comment

Zero Rut activity in Eldorado on all 3 of our pastures. Traffic has been SLOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
        Forgot to add my buck to this thread.

10/21/2022
        Great old buck Brandon. Congrats

Comment

Being seeing good numbers of turkey and quail. I figured the drought would have zapped ‘em. Sure glad to see them doing ok, considering.
          Last edited by Bone Thug; 11-23-2022, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
            Great old buck Brandon. Congrats
            Thank You, Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
              Being seeing good numbers of turkey and quail. I figured the drought would have zapped ‘em. Sure glad to see them doing ok, considering.
              We're located between San Angelo and Christoval on 277. I am also very grateful the the amount of Turkey and Quail we still have.

Comment

Rattled in a couple bucks mid day. Missing most of the better deer, presume they’re chasing or have does hemmed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed out tommorow for a four day hunt near Water Valley. Hope we have good weather and deer movement!

Comment

We’ve been seeing good movement since Saturday. Chasing starting to pick up and seeing deer that we watched all summer show up 5 miles on the opposite side of the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was at the lease south of Sterling City this past weekend. No mature bucks coming to feeders at all. Sat on a road overlooking and glassing a few hundred acres just to see what I could see, Mature Bucks running does everywhere and does grazing in the pastures. Rut in full blast. I don't rifle hunt on our place, so I gave up a hunt to see all this, but the camera showed I didn't miss anything from the stand and had a much better time in the truck, warm with coffee and nfl radio.

Comment

Didn’t see any mature bucks this past weekend. Activity around the feeders was low.

Comment

Was out this weekend. Cold, clear, dark nights, not much wind... and the deer were meh. Saw 3-6 does each sit, and a couple of small bucks, nothing even 3 years old. Finally had some good ones on camera after not much appearing Oct through mid Nov, but IDK where they been hiding. No shots fired. One more try New Year's weekend, doe patrol.

Comment

Same story south of Christoval, very few deer sightings. Tons of cheat and volunteer clover in most pastures and majority of deer are grazing on that and not interested in corn.

Rwc

Comment

Similar story here. If mature deer suspected anything was off, (like caught a whiff) they chose to turn around and head for the plentiful green. I’m glad to see the plentiful food going into the winter and spring with the attitude of not really looking to shoot anything this year being down. But it’s surely frustrating for folks looking to shoot something mgmt wise. Had a great time being camp biatch though! [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Had a great time being camp biatch though! [emoji23]
                                And you excelled as always!

Comment

Working...
                                X