Tikka T3x roughtech ember or Seekins Havak PH2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tikka T3x roughtech ember or Seekins Havak PH2

Gentlemen I'm looking for a new hunting rig in 6.5 creedmoor and have narrowed it down to these two.
    Any thoughts on which one?

For a rifle you’re going to carry, I’d skip the Ember and get a plain Jane Tikka and thread the barrel down the road if you really need it threaded.

If you’re committed to threaded and aren’t walking very far, I’d get the CTR.

Comment

Another vote for stainless tikka6.5, thread and upgrade stock at a later date.

Comment

No experience with the Roughtech. I shoot a Tikka CTR with a Manners stock and suppressor. With the stock upgrade, I'd favor the Tikka over Seekins by a hair.

Without the stock upgrade, I'd go Seekins Havak all day long. It's a very finely crafted rifle.

Comment

I have two PH2s, 308 and 300wm. Both have difficulty loading the first round on a full magazine. That 300wm is an absolute tack driver. Bolt is not that smooth due to tight tolerances of Seekins. The Seekins customer service is phenomenal.
          I don't own a Tikka, but I probably wouldn't buy another Seekins.

Comment

Which one felt better on the shoulder for you? They're both great so you're not gonna go wrong either way.

Comment

Working...
            X