Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite time throughout your time on earth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love to go back and spend time with my Grandparents on my mom's side. Getting to stay when I was not in school for the week. Me and Grandpa going to check the irragation ditch and him with his Model 25 on the seat and riding in that 1964 Ranchero. Grandpa would look down the irragation ditch and find Mallards and coast up close and jump shoot them. I would love to smell that gunpowder and the cold air.

Comment

Other than a failing body from age and abuse I'd have to say right now. I can finally afford (without guilt) the things I'd like to do, watching my grown children getting their lives sorta straightened and retired and owning a business I manage not that I'm managed in.
      But most of all I have experienced God bringing me through so many tough times, so many life and death close calls and the struggle of a child with mental health issues that my trust in Him is complete. I know I will still be challenged. But I know because He has delivered me in the the past, He will in the future.
      That peace of mind and spirit is priceless.

Sent from my Nokia XR20 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
        You can tell from here?

You do know some people don’t air out all of their life problems on public forums. Some others may spew them about, like shirtless men in public eating establishments, then erase them when others make comments which may cause contradictions.
        I didn't delete it the moderators did. But good try.

You think I'm one to care about conflict? You just got here or what?
        Last edited by okrattler; 09-28-2022, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Hunting with my grandpa, he absolutely loved to deer hunt.
          We ran cattle together for almost 20 years.
          He was my best friend.
          Skoal was $.27 a can in the early 70’s.

Comment

I think I’m living it now and look forward to what’s ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              I would go back to the day I met my ex wife and keep my big mouth shut ;-)
              That was funny.

Comment

If I could relive my junior and senior year at NWOSU I would do that in a heartbeat. Had a great time with great friends junior year, was in the best shape of my life and pitched very well my senior year. The only thing I would change is not dating the girl I dated.

Comment

Growing up in the 50’s……. Yes, the 1950’s……. Was the time. No one locked their houses or cars. The ignition has a switch that was never locked. Color TV hit the market and only one or two shows were in color. No electronics! Walk to school and back. Summer you would jump on your bike and not get home till dinner….. do NOT be late. You ate as a family and ate what mom cooked. Played ball in the streets, played in the woods. BB gun fights…. don’t tell mom and dad. Sundays at my Nannie’s and with a big Italian family!! Winters in KC Mo we ice skated and rode sleds. Shoveled sidewalks for $0.25. Played pool and ping pong in the basement and even shot our bows and 22’s. Everyone’s parents keep an eye on you. I could go on for hours but hope this gives you an idea.

Comment

I would go back and relive the first 16 years of my life before my dad passed away. In a short period of time he made me a man and readied for the world ahead.

Comment

The last 35 years to be with my wife again.

Comment

1995 to 2020 the years my oldest daughter was alive and vibrant. God I do miss her so.

Comment

I'd have to say the early 80's, graduated HS in '82, had a blast back then, much simpler times for sure.

Comment

not because of anything going on in life, but back in the 90s before technology. before internet, cell phones and such were common. Life was so much more relaxed and laid back. yes I was a kid, but even my parents lives were so much simpler and outdoor centered. Look back at hunting before the technology and scent control and attractants and gps and such. Just good times. I still love deer camp, but I also miss deer camp of the old days. I am guilty I cant hardly sit on a stand without my phone anymore, This year one of my goals is to hunt with no phone.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                              I didn't delete it the moderators did. But good try.

You think I'm one to care about conflict? You just got here or what?
                              Nah, I just tend to normally ignore irrelevant things/people. I should’ve stuck to my typical nature…you’re a bad ***, I can definitely tell.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
                                Growing up in the 50’s……. Yes, the 1950’s……. Was the time. No one locked their houses or cars. The ignition has a switch that was never locked. Color TV hit the market and only one or two shows were in color. No electronics! Walk to school and back. Summer you would jump on your bike and not get home till dinner….. do NOT be late. You ate as a family and ate what mom cooked. Played ball in the streets, played in the woods. BB gun fights…. don’t tell mom and dad. Sundays at my Nannie’s and with a big Italian family!! Winters in KC Mo we ice skated and rode sleds. Shoveled sidewalks for $0.25. Played pool and ping pong in the basement and even shot our bows and 22’s. Everyone’s parents keep an eye on you. I could go on for hours but hope this gives you an idea.
                                Even growing up in the city, the 60's were pretty good times also.

Comment

Working...
                                X