Well I finally got the Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I finally got the Virus

I honestly didnt think I would ever get it. Worked at Verizon since before it started so I figured my immune system was too good, etc.

Changed jobs a few months ago. I honestly just thought I had the flu but because I didnt feel good I went and got tested to be safe mainly because I have my son and his family staying with us for a little while.

Thursday after I got out of the shower I got the chills really bad. Was freezing cold. That was what I thought was strange. Never had that happen before that I remember. Stayed away from everyone and slept in the extra room. Next morning maybe the worst headache I ever had. Isolated in another room of the house and got tested New Years Eve.

Felt a lot better Saturday. Just a cough and tired. Stayed isolated. Woke up Sunday morning with an email of a postitive test. Luckily Thursday I was working almost completely by myself.

I am sure work is gonna want me to stay home at least a few more days. Hopefully I get paid lol. I am hoping they dont try to make me get a booster shot. On Rogans podcast I believe the latest scientist said if you get the virus then the booster there is 2-4 times more likelihood of having side effects.

As long as no one else gets it I am kind of glad I got it just to get the natural immunity.

Rick

Getting it and getting over it is the best possible scenario. Get well and rest

Comment

Question? After the positive test, What were the prescriptions they ordered for you?

Comment

Which vaccine did you get?

And natural immunity is and has always been the best. Not sure why we threw 200 years of that science out the window. But there's zero chance I'd take a booster after I had immunity

Comment

I didnt get anything about a prescription nor do I think I need one. Already feeling a lot better just tired.

I did get both shots of the Moderna vaccine back around June I believe. Only reasons I even got the vaccine was because of me working at Verizon and my wife had some health issues.

I dont want a booster but I have a feeling that they will try to force me to at work but we will cross that bridge when I get to it

Rick

Comment

My friend was going to have a knee replacement done and had what she said was a slight cold. Tested positive even tho she had all 3 shots. She said she didn't feel bad at all. She has to have 2 negative tests before the replacement.

I have had all 3 shots and think I had the covid last fall. Migraine headaches and woke up with a wet t shirt. No other bad feelings. Fortunately I was alone at the cabin so I quarantined in the woods hunting.

The putting folks down because they get the shot or wear a mask gets a little old. At 72 I don't have many years left anyway and I do the best I can to hang around a while longer.

Comment

My understanding from CDC, 5 day quarantine. Get well, pump the fluids.

Comment

I dont hold a mask or vaccine against anyone but I do think it should be a choice. Not a law.

now with that being said if I see someone in a car by them self or walking outside by themself I dont see the point of wearing a mask.

Gonna miss at least a few days of work. Boring sitting in this room watching tv all day lol

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                  I dont hold a mask or vaccine against anyone but I do think it should be a choice. Not a law.

now with that being said if I see someone in a car by them self or walking outside by themself I dont see the point of wearing a mask.

Gonna miss at least a few days of work. Boring sitting in this room watching tv all day lol

Rick
                  There is NO LAW on jabs or masks....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
                    My friend was going to have a knee replacement done and had what she said was a slight cold. Tested positive even tho she had all 3 shots. She said she didn't feel bad at all. She has to have 2 negative tests before the replacement.

I have had all 3 shots and think I had the covid last fall. Migraine headaches and woke up with a wet t shirt. No other bad feelings. Fortunately I was alone at the cabin so I quarantined in the woods hunting.

The putting folks down because they get the shot or wear a mask gets a little old. At 72 I don't have many years left anyway and I do the best I can to hang around a while longer.
                    we're not putting you down for getting the shots or even wearing masks .. it's your choice !

we are pushing back on people trying to force us to do so..

and you're correct it's getting old !

volunteer for medical trials all you want .. just don't volunteer me ..

that's all we're saying...

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                      There is NO LAW on jabs or masks....

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I guess I dont understand what you mean. They are kicking people out of the military and people are losing their jobs.

I am assuming you mean no “law” on the books?

Rick

Comment

Yea I'm done too. Got the J&J and 3 months later got covid. Wasn't as bad as you, had like a mild cold, no headaches lost taste and smell and had that cough and that's it. I have had two colds since that and both have been worst then covid.

Comment

Serious question.
                          Is natural immunity possible after having the vaccine?
                          I always thought your immune system was dependant on the MRNA vaccine once it was administered.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good question. I had the shot like 7 months ago so i would bet once it diminishes you could. Hadn’t though it about that way

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by thehairlessone! View Post
                              Good question. I had the shot like 7 months ago so i would bet once it diminishes you could. Hadn’t though it about that way

Rick
                              That's just it tho, I was under the impression it doesn't diminish. It just becomes less effective as the virus mutates, hence the need for boosters so it can identify the new variant/mutation.
                              Again, I don't know if that's the case, just what I thought I read at one time.
                              And I'm not even sure how to go about researching any of this since I don't have much trust in anything via the internet anymore.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X