Restaurant Price Increase`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restaurant Price Increase`s

I have seen a few increase`s(about 10%) at a few of the fast food places recently, but we eat at home about 90% of the time and haven`t noticed it to much. We went to a local Texas favorite for CF Steak last night and they had signs up about the price of beef, pork and chicken going up so they had to increase their prices as well. They weren`t lying about the increase. They had gone up 25-30% straight across the board. A large CF Steak was 17.50, 2 years ago and is now 26.00. Let`s go Brandon.

Attached Files

The price of food has increased drastically. I’ve been in commercial food distribution for 14 years and it’s crazy. Getting product to the facility is difficult as it is, factor in supply and fuel prices and it’s even worse.

I feel bad for restaurants trying to make money right now, as the profit margin is real close as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank biden. What a clown

Comment

It's insane. I cater BBQ and when it comes to brisket I sell, I sell at market plus margin and the price quoted is good for a week.

Comment

Don’t forget to factor in the 20-30 percent increase in wages. Overhead for most restaurants is about 45 percent more than it was pre election and COVID. Quality operators take 12-18 percent to the bottom line. The math just doesn’t make sense right now. You are forced to raise prices or shut your doors.

Comment

Went to perrys the other night, $400 dinner for a family of 4.

Comment

I have 9 kids..........the cost of food has gone full scale STUPID! Our weekly after church out to lunch have turned into once a month. Grocery bill at home is now insane as well. We turning up the heat on some wild game for sure now and definitely won't miss getting a garden planted this spring like I did last spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                I have 9 kids..........the cost of food has gone full scale STUPID! Our weekly after church out to lunch have turned into once a month. Grocery bill at home is now insane as well. We turning up the heat on some wild game for sure now and definitely won't miss getting a garden planted this spring like I did last spring.
                my guy here can't even pull out of a driveway it seems... 9 kids?!

To OP: everything is going up across the board - any sort of raw good, be food, steel, any building materials are in short supply with demand going through the roof.

I work in manufacturing and steel prices have gone up 20-30% and lead times on anything being shipped over seas has gone from 12 weeks on a boat to 16-18 weeks.

I'm no fan of JB, but this was inevitable when the whole world shut down last year. Don't expect any sitting authority figure to be able to do anything about it realistically.

Comment

The lowest pay I've seen is $13/hr now at a burger joint. I said lowest!

They'll have to raise prices a lot more IMO over the next 3-12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
                    At least you don't pay for satellite tv or internet. Saving money there

Comment

We have been in this cycle for a couple years.....absolutely nothing new at all for long term operators. Good operating restaurants track their COGS weekly and tweak accordingly as needed. (Pricing, different items, labor, etc.)
                      Yes, it is about margins and knowing what your market segment can bare. We are up in pricing also but our ticket counts are stable and up. Just another bump in the road.[emoji106]
                      We eat out probably 8 or 10 times per week and all locations have lines (including drive thrus) or tough to get reservations.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to Doziers in fulshear on Friday. All that food on my plate was 21.56 before tip!

Bar B Que prices are off the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          We have been in this cycle for a couple years.....absolutely nothing new at all for long term operators. Good operating restaurants track their COGS weekly and tweak accordingly as needed. (Pricing, different items, labor, etc.)
                          Yes, it is about margins and knowing what your market segment can bare. We are up in pricing also but our ticket counts are stable and up. Just another bump in the road.[emoji106]
                          We eat out probably 8 or 10 times per week and all locations have lines (including drive thrus) or tough to get reservations.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Your concept has it really bad, chicken wings are in short supply and crazy expensive when they are around.

I absolutely love wings and the price of them at HEB when I can find them is crazy. Beef supply is pretty good, but prices are nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            Your concept has it really bad, chicken wings are in short supply and crazy expensive when they are around.

I absolutely love wings and the price of them at HEB when I can find them is crazy. Beef supply is pretty good, but prices are nuts.

i had a whole thread relating to wings a while back. i hear you and feel your pain!

Lets Go Brandon!

Comment

This craziness has no end in sight!

LET'S GO BRANDON! FJB

Comment

Working...
                              X