Form 4 E-forms Coming this Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 4 E-forms Coming this Month

It's been rumored to be in the works for a while, but Silencer Shop just posted that the ATF is saying that the e-form system will be up and running for form 4s later this month. Hopefully it actually happens, and they've gotten all of the kinks worked out with the form 1 eforms, and we will start seeing shorter wait times for form 4s.

Going to be frustrating when eforms filed in December get approved before the three cans I have in jail right now from April and May. May just have to go buy something else whenever they get the eform system running.

Sure hope so. Perfectly timed if they do as I was planning on buying 2 more in January.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

About freaking time.

Should’ve never come to this either. There shouldn’t be a wait time for what amounts to a muffler on a car.

Comment

Man that will be great!

Comment

They’ve been testing the system for a while. It’s been running smoothly with the little traffic it had. Let’s see how it holds up when opened to the public.

Comment

Silencer shop alone will probably crash it. Lol.

Comment

For someone new to the suppressor world would you go about it the old way or wait and try the new Eform? I have zero knowledge on how this all works. Thanks

Comment

eform - supposed to be much shorter wait which is the painful part.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  Silencer shop alone will probably crash it. Lol.

Won’t surprise me one bit. Sounds like SS is holding all of their Form 4s from now until the system is released. Could be a disaster when they dump all of those forms, especially if it’s still the same 2001 technology the Form 1 eform system uses. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                    For someone new to the suppressor world would you go about it the old way or wait and try the new Eform? I have zero knowledge on how this all works. Thanks

Eform is definitely the way to go.

The eform system has been going for Form 1s for a few years now. It brought the wait time down from 6+ months to ~2-6 weeks. I had a SBR get approved in 7 days that I submitted a couple days after they released it. Another SBR form 1 I submitted earlier this year took 3 weeks. Hopefully the form 4 system will see similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                      Eform is definitely the way to go.

The eform system has been going for Form 1s for a few years now. It brought the wait time down from 6+ months to ~2-6 weeks. I had a SBR get approved in 7 days that I submitted a couple days after they released it. Another SBR form 1 I submitted earlier this year took 3 weeks. Hopefully the form 4 system will see similar results.
                      Thanks, now I just need to research which ones are good for hunting.

Comment

Well my form 1 has not been as fast as others I’m over 2 months in already

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                          Well my form 1 has not been as fast as others I’m over 2 months in already
                          My last took 5 months. Last year. I wasn’t pleased lol.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                            My last took 5 months. Last year. I wasn’t pleased lol.

Dang that sucks! Lead time was supposed to be 1-2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What realistic times are they predicting for the efile? I saw where they said to leave the papers rolling as could cause a 1yr delay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X