No announcement yet.

Owl Creek Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so proud to call you a friend & watch what you've accomplished at such a young age amigo. Can't explain how happy / cool it is to see this...I'm just a tad worried of this now mystic travel magnet being created from there back to Mercedes. I see travel miles building up now!!

Give corndog & the kids hugs...good stuff.

Saludos...

Comment

We’re getting close to present day at which point the next updates will be less frequent. Just wanted to lay down a good foundation for everyone.

This is a hunting site and I have managed to do some hunting so far this year. I have laid down the law on a couple pigs of which there is no shortage. I also made what I thought to be a great shot on a nice buck I hadn’t seen on camera. Unfortunately, hours/days of tracking and jumping him bedded down produced nothing more than quite a few restless nights thinking about what I had done wrong. It’s part of it though and I can only hope he survived. My target buck hasn’t hit a camera in several weeks so I’m hoping he’s safe and sound enjoying himself and not sitting in a taxidermist’s shop waiting for his turn in line. I had a nice management 9pt under me at about 10-12yds Saturday morning that I most definitely should have arrowed, now that I look back on it. He’s still a regular though so we may meet again soon.

Comment

Very nice!!!!! Congrats on the ranch..

Comment

I’m so glad you are putting this up!

Comment

We recently decided to go ahead and get a few things underway this month/next so we can really get after the buildout early next year. I ordered windows and our slider door, which should all arrive sometime in December. Also went ahead and bought two commodes and both of my shower pans so I could test fit them to make sure I designed the bathrooms big enough. I met the lumber truck on site this past weekend to receive our preliminary order. Went ahead and did a little solo frame work in between hunts to get a head start and a feel for the room layout. That first wall section felt good going up! Me and a few buddies are headed up to get more framing done in two weeks with hopes of being framed and dried in by end of December. That’s it for now, hope you follow along as we continue to enjoy!

Comment

Congrats on all the blessings. I'm subscribed!

Comment

Very nice place y’all have there.

Comment

You guys are living right! Love this thread....and very happy y'all found this perfect place!

Comment

In!

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                      I’m so glad you are putting this up!
                      Agreed Heath! It’s a little over due, but well worth the wait! Love the expansion ideas and can’t wait to follow the progress

Comment

We need to shoot a small pig and throw pieces of him on a pit, drink some cold beer and throw some salsa on the porky tacos that have that 4:am wake up call. It works down south we will make it work up north good times good thread. Te Amo Randall

Comment

Curious about the concrete slab on the pole barn... I'm not familiar with OK builds, but what do you do to convert that barn to living space if they didn't use a vapor barrier on the slab?

Comment

Paid in tequila, that's my kinda hand there sir

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

This is awesome. Thanks for putting it up

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                                Curious about the concrete slab on the pole barn... I'm not familiar with OK builds, but what do you do to convert that barn to living space if they didn't use a vapor barrier on the slab?

The slab is definitely my biggest uncertainty. I wish it was thicker, better reinforced, and had a barrier but it was designed to be a barn so it is what it is. We plan to stick with polished concrete and see how it performs. If we pull too much moisture I guess we’ll have to go back and cap it then lay flooring.

Comment

Working...
                                X