No announcement yet.

Today January 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in a science class in 8th grade. It was supposed to be a good day, since today is my birthday. Instead, I get to remember and think about this incident every year.

Comment

36 years wow!!![emoji2962] Sitting in my college apartment my senior year in TOTAL shock!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting in 8th grade Science (Mrs. Lillian) watching it live.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

9th grade English class

Comment

10th grade. Geometry. Conroe HS

Comment

Shooting pool in the at Waco TSTI rec room was supposed to be in class

Comment

Grew up in Orlando. 2nd grade. Walked out to the tennis courts at school because we had a great view of the launch just east of us.
                Everyone was excited b/c of the teacher going up. We'd seen several shuttle launches before and knew real quick this wasn't right. Teachers hustled us all back inside.
                Awful to watch it live and in person.
                Last edited by Charrison; 01-28-2022, 03:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Any red-blooded American that can watch that video with a dry eye at the end is missing what America is all about.
                  You got that Right. What a President.

Comment

We were at home trying to watch the TV coverage. My dad had a vivid dream the night before, fire everywhere and pilots screaming. It was real enough that he kept us kids home from school that day and tried to make a few phone calls but obviously even if he knew who to call they'd just brush him off anyway. It wasn't his first time catching feelings about something and predicting it but it was the biggest, he said he knew it was real but there's nothing really he could do. He told me later it ate at him for years.

Comment

Sitting in my office in Corpus Christi running an oilfield trucking company. Wife called me and said turn on the tv and watch the space shuttle.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Thank you sir for your service to our country and now to our children and future!!

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                          4th grade watching it live.
                          My teacher starting crying when it blew.
                          Back then shuttle launches were something special, and the whole school would stop and watch it.
                          same here

Comment

Just sat down with pizza in front of the big screen at Mr Gatti’s on MLK near the drag in Austin. My buddy and I met for lunch and thought, “cool, Challenger is about to lift off”. That feeling didn’t last long.

Comment

Working my azz off in the oil patch somewhere in East Texas and didn’t hear about it until late in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                                Just sat down with pizza in front of the big screen at Mr Gatti’s on MLK near the drag in Austin. My buddy and I met for lunch and thought, “cool, Challenger is about to lift off”. That feeling didn’t last long.

I was also at Mr Gattis in Burnet that day. Senior High School year , out early to go to work with a group of friends that ate there together before work.

Comment

Working...
                                X