Most consistent public land buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has got to be the most consistent, pattern-able mature buck I have ever seen on public land.

I wasn’t able to hunt this season because i spent almost all of deer season in a boot. After I had finally recovered enough, i pulled cameras late last week and found a pleasant surprise… this gorgeous 10 spent dang near all season at one of my setups.

I put a mock scrape in during the early summer. Nothing fancy, just a length of grapevine cut and hung a few feet off the ground. I scraped the ground bare underneath it and peed in it and walked away. Hung a camera over it in early october right before i jacked up my ankle. Man did it sure concentrate his travel through this area. It seems like every time he came through, he swung in close enough to smell it. He may not have gone all the way into it, but always seemed to be within 20 yards of it. He showed up on this camera 45 times…

of all the years to not be able to hunt….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice buck, pretty heavy body.

Comment

Awesome videos. Loved him rubbing his orbital glands Looks to me he got snake bit on his jar. Glad he survived. Good luck getting him next year.

Comment

That’s some cool footage

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
          Awesome videos. Loved him rubbing his orbital glands Looks to me he got snake bit on his jar. Glad he survived. Good luck getting him next year.

I was wondering if it was that, or if it was him taking an antler tine to the face and getting an infection.

Comment

That’s an awesome video compilation. Looks like nobody else boogered up your spot, he should be a regular next season. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
              That’s an awesome video compilation. Looks like nobody else boogered up your spot, he should be a regular next season. Good luck!

He is one of 3 regular shooters, and 2 of the regulars in there should be shooters next year. None as frequent as this guy, but pretty darn consistent.

I am more than a little excited for this spot for next year.

This buck is only a few miles away too…

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                He is one of 3 regular shooters, and 2 of the regulars in there should be shooters next year. None as frequent as this guy, but pretty darn consistent.

I am more than a little excited for this spot for next year.

This buck is only a few miles away too…

You’ve got one helluva spot. I don’t need to know where but I’m assuming this is in TX? If so you really have a good spot. I know one guy that has a similar spot to yours on public and it’s a killer spot for him. Looks like the same type of set up, good ground cover, good overhead cover, and a lot of scrapes.

Comment

Nice mature buck, it’s a shame you didn’t get to hunt him.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
                    You’ve got one helluva spot. I don’t need to know where but I’m assuming this is in TX? If so you really have a good spot. I know one guy that has a similar spot to yours on public and it’s a killer spot for him. Looks like the same type of set up, good ground cover, good overhead cover, and a lot of scrapes.

This is my second of what i would call bulletproof killing trees. The other is a native pear tree that concentrates all cruising bucks within 1,000 yards in all directions. I need to compile a video of all the bucks that tree had for the 2020 season. It was insane. 4+ Pope and Young bucks, killed my first P&Y there, and then killed another decent 8 1 year and 2 days later.

This video is the 2 “almost shooters” sparring. They both lived through the season and should be shooters next year.

Comment

Really cool thanks for posting it up

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Cool videos

Comment

That's unreal ! Thanks for sharing this Ikeman

Comment

enjoying the vids!

Comment