X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Alpha is an excellent tool

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
      Most of the time I'm having to shock him for trying to chase cats. He loves the idea of catching a cat, but never actually does anything when he corners them.
      Reminds me of our Lab mix, he's obsessed with our cat (all our dogs are indoor) and just desperately wants to sniff her but the cat has nothing of it and whips his *** every time he gets close. It's hilarious to watch.

Comment

One or 2 rides of the lightning should fix him right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If my Blue Lacy takes off with out the shock collar and heads to the creek out back I can go get the collar turn it ok press the button to make it beep and she will come like she has it on. Never a need to shock her. Best thing I have ever had for her. Once you put it on her she will not stray at all.

Comment

Just like kids! Up to us to train them

I am sure he heard you hollar at him and he understood you

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell8 View Post
              Crank it up first time he runs off let him know he got hit hard. Mine hasn’t been shocked since only hit the noise on the collar. Some dogs need more shock therapy than others.
              I did that to one dog. She'd see get the collars out of the closet and run to her cage. Refused to leave until I put them back or was gone.

2 other dogs i collar conditioned. They'd see me get the collars out of the cage and they'd both get excited, they knew we was training or hunting.

Ever try and shower with 2 60# labs refusing to leave your side out of fear of being left behind [emoji56]

Comment

HITIP therapy

Hump
                It
                Til
                It
                Pees

Comment

Yep, like everyone said shock the hell out of them. I have a 3 year old Blue Heeler that is the most stubborn hard headed dog I’ve ever had. She’s also the smartest dog I’ve ever had, which makes for bad combination. Shock collar on her and she is a completely different dog.

Comment

I would just sit him down and have a talk with him. Ask him if he's matured and will control himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Trapper76 View Post
                      A dog that don’t listen and fun’s off, is free to go wherever he likes. Without me looking for him.
                      Same here, a dog that runs off can stay gone.

Comment

Work with your dogs from the time they are pups, get them used to being "un-contained", and teach them "here".

I use a shock collar as a last resort for "here".

Comment

Not that hard to train a dog, especially lab mix. I don't advise slapping an e-collar on it and zapping away at it. That's not going to end well for you or the dog. It's an excellent training tool but needs to be introduced properly if you want good results.

Pick up the waterdog book and focus on the obedience parts. I couldn't get my lab to run away from me if I wanted him too.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                            Reminds me of our Lab mix, he's obsessed with our cat (all our dogs are indoor) and just desperately wants to sniff her but the cat has nothing of it and whips his *** every time he gets close. It's hilarious to watch.
                            I'm pretty sure that he's been swatted a time or two because he normally stays a little over an arm length away.

Comment

Our mini schnauzer ran off in Freer and we had to leave before we could find him. He was out there by himself for 5 days before one of the ranch hands found him. He doesn't run off too far anymore!

Comment

As has been said by more than a couple folks already, get a shock collar, turn that sucker all the way up, and make him do a flip midair...shouldn't take more than a couple of times to get it through the thick skull we went cheap on the collars the first time, because the cur isn't a wanderer. He bred a beagle/pug mix a year ago, and the male we ended up out of that union is...well, he's different there is no sense in him, he's half insane, and is ready to run off chasing something at all times.

We just spent a little more money for a collar with 10 times the range, and I'm gonna sit at the window and wait till he gets a few hundred yards away from the house and let him have it a time or two I don't want our dogs unable to chase squirrels, run around in the pasture, etc...but after having to look for the puppy for 5 hours Christmas Day and then having him running off for 12 hours on Monday, that was the end of playing nice

Comment

Working...
                                X