Need advice on best Brand of base layer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be doing some waterfowl hunting up in Maine this next season. What brand have you used beside Sitka. Do the ones that have the Merino Wool itch, I know they feel soft, can’t stand wool that itches. Thanks for your input

Merino does not itch, super soft if you get quality.

Definitely do merino.

Comment

Lapasa

Comment

First lite

Comment

I’ve tried a bunch of different brands and I like First Lite’s the best. Their quarter zip merino base layers are my favorite base layer tops and their zip off bottoms are great because you can take the off without removing your boots

Comment

I bought a Scheels brand 1/4 zip merino top. It was a game changer, doesn’t itch and they have a lifetime warranty which I really like. I ripped a small hole in the sleeve by accident and they said to bring it in and they’ll replace it for free. That and a light jacket is good down to about 40.

Comment

Yep definitely get the merino wool. I have both Kuiu and just got some Midway brand from Midway USA and I love them. They were much less expensive than the Kuiu also.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                Merino does not itch, super soft if you get quality.

Definitely do merino.
                Kuiu merino made me itch like crazy. I swapped to their synthetic. They get my vote.

Zip off bottoms. First lite Dobson briefs are good too.

Comment

forloh pricey but 100% made here in the usa!

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                    First lite
                    First Lite, super soft merino wool. Love the furnace long Johns

Comment

If you get merino wool it isn’t itchy at all, quite soft and comfortable. The higher the percentage the better. Lots of brands out there that make them that range from cheap to expensive.

First lite is probably the best merino wool base layer on the market. They also have a ton of different options in them as well as far as warmth goes and accessories like hoods, zippers, etc.

Comment

I have tried almost every known major brand out there. First Lite has the best base layers by a mile in my opinion.

Comment

First Lite x100

I’ve worn the same base layer in my profile pic as when I hunted Africa. Versatile and functional.

Comment

Icebreaker is great if you can find it on sale.

Comment

First Lite merino wool does not itch

Comment

Working...
                              X