Cot or air mattress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cot or air mattress?

My son got drawn for TYHP hunt this coming weekend. They said bring cot or air mattress. We are staying at the Doss Community Center. Don’t have either of these as we are not campers. If I do cots, would sleeping bags be good? Which cots would y’all recommend? Saw some for $30 at Academy.

If you prefer air mattress, do y’all get the ones with built in pumps? Thinking the cots would take up less room. Will be 19 hunters plus their guardians sleeping there.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the wife and i bought a queen size magellan air mattress a few weeks back from academy for 50 bucks. brought blankets and pillows from home (staying at family's house out of state for a funeral) and was absolutely fine.

Comment

Cabelas XXL cot with sleeping bag on top and quilt is not bad at all.

Comment

Air mattress is more comfortable…can get at Walmart for 20 bucks.

Comment

Air mattress with pump and use a sleeping bag.

Comment

Air mattresses loose air with the nightly temp drop. I’m way more comfortable on cots.

Comment

If you swing by Kerrville I have a couple you can borrow. Also have one of the big xxl cots also. Let me know as Doss is not very far from us.

Comment

Cot, way better than air mattress.
                Plus you can store your gear under your cot.
                If it's a real firm cot, a extra layer of foam makes a work of difference.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

A good cot is the answer

After the third time sleeping on an air mattress and half the air deflating overnight, I went to the cot and never looked back.
                  Cots will last you a lifetime if taken care of. Air mattresses won’t.
                  I also do as mentioned and add a foam pad and blanket underneath me. Sleep pretty good too.

Comment

A crappy air mattress is no good. I have two nice ones and I actually look forward to sleeping on those when it's an option. Both have built in pumps.

I have a cot, but I don't sleep worth a darn on it.

Comment

one of those queen size air mattresses MIGHT be ok, never slept on one of those, but you couldn't give me a single air mattress,.

Cots are much better, at least they are for me.

Comment

If you camp a lot the cot is the way to go. One time queen size air mattress will work good. I would take Kerrbow up on his offer. Another thing on the air mattress is if two people sleep on it and one weighs a lot more than the other it doesn’t work so good on the cheap ones! The more expensive ones have built in baffles that keep this from being a problem.

Comment

Cots for me, only thing ive slept on full of air that was worth a darn is my thermarest sleeping pad

Comment

Neither, get a thick memory foam pad for each of you. It rolls up small and put a sleeping bag on top of it.

Comment

Cot with thermal pad and sleeping bag is the way to go. If you are over 250lbs go with army cot for stability otherwise the academy ones will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X