Official 2021-2022 LAKE WHITNEY & AQUILLA Hunting & Fishing Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a problem.

I think Sunday is going to be cold. At least I remember that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
      Kirby, was the truck inside the gate?

Just outside it. It has a hill county sheriffs warning on it. I think when they tried to pull him out it did the most damage. It’s been there since last Friday.

There’s 4 wheel tracks out here so I don’t think he made it past that initial spot. He may not even be the one who cut the lock so who knows. There’s a chicken express hat on the dash.

I was young and dumb once too! But that looks expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post

Somebody’s having a tough week!

That’s at the entrance to rock creek. Corp gate lock was cut as well.

Meh. That’ll buff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Reason duct tape was made.

Comment

I decided to go to the place where I saw so many deer last days off yesterday, didn’t see a deer all morning. So I packed up and moved farther in for the afternoon. Still didn’t see anything for most of the day. Then right after I climbed out of the tree at 2 minutes after legal light a buck chased a doe right into my shot lane. “Face palm”. I couldn’t see the buck because he stayed back in the timber. But the doe couldn’t make out what I was or she was to tired to care lol. She was at about 20 yards from me and just walked off. I heard the buck running in behind her but he spotted me and wouldn’t come out. Looking forward to Saturday nice cold front with favourable wind direction for a spot I saw 7 doe two days ago. I’ve seen more deer this year than any other year, just haven’t been able to close the deal. Time is running out. I only have till Monday to tag a buck then one more days off to hunt for doe. Starting to sweat now. I am loving actually being mobile with the saddle though just have to get the fine tuning done on set ups. Good luck for the late season guys and gals.

Comment

Oh and effing cockleburs are taking over out there. Every unit I’ve been on this year has 6’ high cockleburs for huge swathes. I still find them on my stuff days later.

Comment

The best to ya Saturday, Ender. I get to go watch the youngest grandson play football in the playoffs midday. Then to church in the evening for a memorial at 5PM. I don't deer hunt Sunday evenings anymore since I've gotten older. Just to much work hauling one out, and then breaking it down and getting it in the freezer before get-n up at 4AM, and going to work. Guess I might do bible study in the boat Sunday morning. I'll just have to see how it goes.

Comment

Hope ya get ya one Ender.

Comment

Go ahead with your bad self!!!! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone wanna send the Texas weather to Iowa?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are funny look-n woods they have up there Justin. And funny looking yeller hunt-n trucks. I do like the idea of have-n a scooper on the front to pick up a deer with.

Comment

Well Mike the got those geese things up here

Comment

If that were here I'd call those Mrs Baird's geese.
                            Last edited by jnd1959; 12-11-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Haha. They are all wild. They fly all around up here everywhere. That area probably had 200 or 300 hundred of them

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
                                Well Mike the got those geese things up here

Give me an hour, and I'll be right there!

Or you can do me a flavor, and chase-em on south down here for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X