No announcement yet.

Might need a bigger pistol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is my opinion. Switch to Federal HST or Speer gold dot. heavier better bullet but 9mm is adequate for personal protection…AND buy another gun. Because buying guns is fun and you have an excuse to get another one now!

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
      Triple Tap .... 2 to the chest and one to the head.
      Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner

Comment

Personally I prefer a bulldog 44 ,it's stops anything ,I did shot a yote twice in the neck and once in the *** as it ran away only to kill it the following morning with a shotgun ,I believe it went rabid or something ,it had decided it could live by the old barn and came back there to die

Comment

I wouldn't think that bullet would expand much at all on a yote. It's made to get thru clothing etc. so it prolly zipped right thru that thin skinned doggy like a fmj. Then there's how dang tough those rascals are!

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
            I know this will get me dog piled, but, it doesn’t matter what round or weapon you use unless you are a good shooter. A 22 short will put you in the grave if it hits a kill spot.
            Every class I have been in they always stress body mass, but if I have to take the shot it’s from the neck up.
            Practice Practice Practice Period.
            By the way my edc is a Glock 357SIG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
            gota agreeI killed 5+ with my 22 short all at about 20y..We live on the edge of wooded pasture ..and dump our food scraps/bones etc. over fence for whomever hungry..about 15y from my patio...Seen fox/coons/stray cats/straydogs /coons/hogs/birds/possums/shunks/a few bobcats over last 40y//I never shot any..But when Coyote show up I stick 22 out Living room window..and Pop them 1 time through rib cage with either 22short or 22CBcaps
            they trot of into bush...Next day I go take a look ,they all are <100y dead.(Never Failed to find one dead)..I have neighbors on both sides maybe 15y away they never know tell I tell them...neck anchors the right on spot ..but my lighting aint that good and old eyes and open sights don't help..

I hear the excuses bad bullets /not big enough caliber/bad broadheads..I aint gona come up with a percentage . But most Lost Game either still alive and hurt/or dead and not found...are simply (Bad SHOT)not in kill zone...or Bad TRACKING skills..Cause if you simply stuck a PENCIL through rib cage and through both lungs and or heart (THEY DEAD THEY JUST DON"T KNOW IT YET)...Ya just gota find them..and Like I always say A Gut Shot is still a Gut Shot with a 222 or a 460 w or arrow

Comment

Years ago I shot one with my 7 mag, and never found him. Have no clue where I hit, but he spun around like those horses on yellow stone. Then took off.

Comment

.357 sig boys

Comment

Originally posted by FIRETX12 View Post
                  45 because they don’t make a 46. ��
                  They make a 50.

Comment

5" Springfield .40 underwood 155 grain xtp.
                    This hog was 75 yards, I have killed 3 other hogs with this round.The issue with pistol cartridges is by bullet speed, go to a 5" + barrel and fast bullets.
                    I have shot hogs with 10mm, 44 mag, and the .40 the results were identical but the 40 is much faster for follow ups
                    Attached Files

Comment

Most handgun ammo is designed and tested with full length barrels (normally 5" or longer). Now days the trend is shorter more concealable handguns 4" or shorter so the hollow points don't expand well if at all then add in hair clogging the hollow point and it turns into an FMJ. I'm not a big fan of hollow points i have seen them fail to expand many times. The best designed bullet I have found that delivers the most shock has been a semi flat point or as it was originally called a truncated cone hard cast lead no copper jacket.

Comment

Nothing less than a .40 will do. On many deployments, I’ve seen several people continuing on with several 9mm rounds in them. As typical, military and police are always out gunned. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot4900 View Post
                          I know this will get me dog piled, but, it doesn’t matter what round or weapon you use unless you are a good shooter. A 22 short will put you in the grave if it hits a kill spot.
                          Every class I have been in they always stress body mass, but if I have to take the shot it’s from the neck up.
                          Practice Practice Practice Period.
                          By the way my edc is a Glock 357SIG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          True to some extent....but I will add I shot one right in the side of the head at about 30 yds with 22 short and you could hear to smack when that lead hit bone, and that sucker got up and ran off, and this was a regular town coyote, that liked to eat trash if you know what I mean. He came back around a month later healthy as can be. Didn't eat my trash, but I recognized him from his markings.

Comment

You never take a pistol to a gun fight.

Comment

His buddy didn't do as well, he got a 22 LR going 1435fps to the lungs and he was done.

Comment

This coyote was shot once with a 300winmag.
                                He spun in a circle and then ran about 30 yards!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	20161211_082256.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	24669763

Comment

Working...
                                X