Let’s talk trucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let’s talk trucks

I’m looking at getting a new truck!! I had my mind set on the new 2022 tundra but dont know how i feel about the twin turbo they will be introducing! Im interested in the 3.0 diesel that Chevy has now after seeing the fuel mileage it gets!

I wouldn’t recommend a first year anything and don’t see the point of a half ton diesel. Add in the cost for fuel filters, def and misc broken parts from a complicated fuel system, I’d say you come out about the same.

Originally posted by txbowhunter08 View Post
    I’m looking at getting a new truck!! I had my mind set on the new 2022 tundra but dont know how i feel about the twin turbo they will be introducing! Im interested in the 3.0 diesel that Chevy has now after seeing the fuel mileage it gets!

Comment

If your getting a half ton, just get any of the big 3 with their top of line gasser motor.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 19 v8 Silverado. It leaked from the start. Water got in the rear window. It was a known issue. Later it came up that the rods where showing up bent on many of them. Tahoe’s and suburban also.

I would find a 21 Tundra v8. I’m excited about the new tundra also but as others have said. The first year is always scary.

Comment

It’s a toss up these days. I use to like the Chevy trucks but have seen a decline in quality. I’m back driving a Ford now and really like it. I’ve owned some dodge work trucks in the past but can’t make me buy one again. I can’t speak for Toyota. Other than it seems to be an old mans truck in my area. Or at least the old men I know.

Comment

My 20 Tundra has only been in the dealership for oil changes in 34k. My last one only one time in 80k for a module update. Now my last GMC lived there the first six months I had it. The fuel mileage isn’t the best , but I have a 28 foot travel trailer that is very heavy and it pulls like a 3/4 ton.

Comment

They all have their issues. Every single one of them. I have owned every major brand. And, I only buy new. I am not going to make my judgement off of a used truck that someone else may not have taken care of. I was very highly disappointed in the last GMC 1/2 ton I bought. The 5.3 is one of the worst engines I have ever owned. I had a Vortex V6 in an old 1/2 ton that was better than that engine. Of all the majors GM will be on the bottom of my list to own again. Toyota barely a notch above. Mainly because it is about as ugly of a truck that I have ever seen. Although, mechanically they are pretty darn sound. My new truck is a Ford with the 3.5 ecoboost. So far it has been a good truck. No major complaints. I would not hesitate on a new Dodge either.

Comment

My father in law has a half ton Chevrolet with the 6.2 gas engine..I dunno what kind of gas mileage it gets,but that is an impressive pickup.Power wise.

Comment

Guy has a 2021 Toyota on here.

Comment

Originally posted by eliteweldingco View Post
                    It’s a toss up these days. I use to like the Chevy trucks but have seen a decline in quality. I’m back driving a Ford now and really like it. I’ve owned some dodge work trucks in the past but can’t make me buy one again. I can’t speak for Toyota. Other than it seems to be an old mans truck in my area. Or at least the old men I know.
                    GM is constantly ranked at the bottom on quality. Year after year, since they got rid of the square bodied trucks in '99. The HD motor/tranny may work, but nothing else seems to last.

OP, if you tow at all, you will regret a half ton diesel. Save yourself the headache and get the biggest motor half ton whatever route you go.

Comment

Not a GM product....thats all I got.

Comment

I had the 6.2 w/10 speed in a Yukon and it was impressive. Pretty good gas mileage also

Comment

tagged

Comment

I've been pretty dissapointed in my chevy and I've been a chevy guy all my life. Electrical problems plague them. I'm gonna wait and see how the Silverado EV looks and if it has any potential, otherwise (ya'll can start laughin now haha) I'm gonna put that hundred and reserve me a cybertruck.

I don't tow a lot and long distance travel isn't big for me in the truck so I'm confident that the mileage won't be a problem.

Comment

Ram , or 5.0 ford
                              I have a 6 cylinder ram now on 34" tires- towes and runs well

Comment

Working...
                              X