X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion 4 of 7
    "NOAH"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 6:9-11:32, Isaiah 54:1-10, Numbers 28:1-15, Matthew 24:36-44, 1 Peter 3:18-22)

The Window

The waters continued to recede until the day of the New Moon, the first day of the tenth month, when the tops of the mountains become visible. After forty days, Noah opened the window.

In Hebrew window is challon (Strong’s # H2474/TWOT #660c) meaning piercing of the wall from the Hebrew root word chalal (TWOT #660), meaning wound (fatally), bore through and pierce. The phrase windows of heaven is another term for floodgates. Yahweh released the floodgates for a destructive flood (Genesis 8:2; Isaiah 24:18), as a controlled shower of plenty (2 Kings 7:2) and a symbol of blessing (Malachi 3:10).

Challah (TWOT #660b) a derivative of challon, is a baked unleavened, pierced cake presented in the mincha or grain offering. It is made of fine flour and oil (Leviticus 2:4; Leviticus 7:12; Numbers 6:15). Challah was part of the firstfruits offering and was placed on the altar as part of the elevation offering (Numbers 15:20; Leviticus 8:26; Exodus 29:23). Participants ate challah as part of their peace offering/shelamim (2 Samuel 6:19; Exodus 29:2; Numbers 6:19).

That which was the illumination in the ark also became a visible window or piercing. Until the time of the flood, Light had been receding on earth due to the corruptness of the generations. The Light of Yeshua was with Noah and his family in the ark and now that Light also became a window, challon - a piercing or hollow in the wall.

Yeshua, our challah offering, was pierced for our transgressions of dishonor against His Word/the gospel/Torah, and out of His side flowed life. It is interesting to note the Hebrew word for bride is very similar - kallah Strong’s #H3618 from TWOT # 986a.

The Bride of Yeshua came from His pierced side.

The Raven

In Genesis 8:7 when Noah opened the window in the ark, he sent out a raven. It kept flying back and forth until the water had dried up from the earth. Why was the raven sent out before the dove and what does it represent? A raven is a bird that is an unclean, omnivorous scavenger. If anything was left after the flood the raven would have fed on the carnage of the dead and garbage of any sort.

The Hebrew language is deep with insight. Noah and the flood or ‘the sea’ can represent groups of people and destruction as we see in David’s Psalm 18.

Psalm 18:16-17 “He sent from above, He took me [David]; He drew me out of many waters [Olam Hazeh]. He delivered me from my strong enemy, from those who hated me, for they were too strong for me.”

The flood can also represent believers who have falling asleep due to their ignorance of the principles of Torah, and end up asleep floating in the waters of destruction (Olam Hazeh).

Hosea 4:6 “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest [Royal Priesthood] for Me; because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children.”

1 Peter 3:18-20 “For Christ/Yeshua also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison, who formerly were disobedient, when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.”

The raven can represent spiritual leaders who have not taken care to feed Yahweh’s people good food (Torah) leaving the congregants in the dark (Olam Hazeh), lacking alternatives. Being fed a steady unhealthy diet of compromise can lead to congregations becoming weak and falling asleep instead of growing stronger in God’s principles that give life. Those feeding on this unhealthy diet develop a habit of wandering in search of food. They go from location to location in an effort to quench the hunger. They act like albatrosses feeding on anything that will sustain them temporarily instead of learning how to correct an unredeemed lifestyle. In their searching they can be drawn to unwise associations to try to satisfy their hunger. Eventually unfulfilled, these people begin to act selfishly like orphans choosing instead independence and a self-ruling lifestyle. Sooner or later they leave the congregation in frustration. Unstable choices result in an inability to truly enter into their inheritance and redemption. Hence they remain uncovered and unconverted floating on the sea of destruction, devastation and death (Luke 22:31-32 KJV).

The Dove

Later, Noah sent out a dove; a clean bird representing righteous acts of the believer. The dove is imagery of Adam’s bride coming from his side/rib and is prophetic of Yeshua’s Bride coming from His pierced side, the one who will walk in His image/lifestyle in righteous acts and sanctification. This is also a picture of true marriage of a husband loving his bride. The wife is the product/reflection of the image her husband walks in. She is the fruit of her husband’s walk and lifestyle (Genesis 8:8; Ephesians 5).

“But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed” (Isaiah 53:5).

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X