When to leave for Kansas deer hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, my original plan was to leave nov 4 and head to Kansas for a couple weeks. Checked the weather and it’s VERY tempting to load up and head out now! (I have a pretty lax schedule right now). Soooo.... what would you do? Keep original plan or add a week?

I don’t expect them to be chasing hard next week or even really chasing but with weather like this, they will be pre rutting for sure and should be on their feet more. May even be able to rattle lite and get one in. Trying to get on a 150-160 plus up there and not having ever seen or been in this area it may take me a few days of running and gunning and checking cams to figure it out up there. I will be on public.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing is for sure....Can’t kill Em at home!

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      One thing is for sure....Can’t kill Em at home!

That’s the truth

Comment

Go early. Get some scouting/observation in.
        Make your first hunt count.

Good luck

Comment

Laxed schedule!!!! Geaux for this cold front . If nada geaux back 1st or 2nd week of November. Win/win!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Leaving Friday coming back home Tuesday then will be headed back November 6th-15th. I am beyond ready and the weather looks to be lining up for this weekend.

Comment

It’s on next week! Be the first time they are on their feet in daylight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksbowhunter View Post
                It’s on next week! Be the first time they are on their feet in daylight.

It’s very tempting. Lol. I’d like to leave on the next day or two. If nothing else I’ll have a week of scouting unit 8/9 and hopefully have something figured out so when the rut hits, everything I thought I knew goes out the window! [emoji23]

Comment

To me in Kansas if a front hits the last week in October or first few days of November it’s the best chance to get one if he lives on your property. If you are looking for that buck that is walking and looking I’d wait till nov 10+

Comment

The guy that runs our lease said that he historically has his best luck around the Halloween time frame.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

I am going again on November 14 - 22 and have found that is a real good time to go. I was just down there 3 weeks ago and nothing was moving.

Comment

I hunt in SW KS so I'd go a week earlier if I had that long to hunt. It would be right on for us but up in Marysville, you may be right on. I'd try to reach out to someone local that is knowledgeable. Some regions are odd with the rut.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Laxed schedule!!!! Geaux for this cold front . If nada geaux back 1st or 2nd week of November. Win/win!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

This ^^^^^^

Comment

Hunt the single digit days(on calendar) for pre rut activity! Then hunt every chance you get from the 10th of November to the end of November

Comment

Many big bucks get killed in KS right around Halloween

Comment

Working...
                              X