Curious on what this deer would have scored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious on what this deer would have scored

I shot this buck back when I was 16. So almost 23 years ago. I am clueless on scoring deer so could I get some opinions. This deer was shot near Palestine on public land. With antler restrictions now he wouldn't even be legal.
    Attached Files

Take it to someone and have it measured or google how to and do it yourself. I’m gonna say 120

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was gonna suggest the same thing sideways said. Take it and have it scored.

Call taxidermist near you. They will probably do it. If not contact official scorers.

I believe it is well over 120”. Cool looking buck.

Last edited by AntlerCollector; 09-27-2020, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Take to have it scored pretty sure there are more than 120 inches of antler there

Comment

Maybe in the 30's NT..

Comment

Honestly I really don't care enough to take it down and take it somewhere. Was just curious on guesses. I always thought the right side of his rack was real unique and has quite a bit of length to it.

Comment

I appreciate the guesses though.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                Honestly I really don't care enough to take it down and take it somewhere. Was just curious on guesses. I always thought the right side of his rack was real unique and has quite a bit of length to it.
                I always guess on the deer I shoot too, they seem to always score better for some reason.........

I'm not sure how to score your buck, 2 or 3 main beams? Score as three I say 151.5"

Comment

Non-topicals are tougher for me.
                  I’d guess somewhere in the low 120s.

Comment

dont know the score but that is a dang good trophy in my opion . i like the nontypical better than typical . ,,, yeah i know BUT sombody`s gotta like`um

Comment

I see low 30’s

Comment

That's a 145-150" deer. Freakin bad a##

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                          That's a 145-150" deer. Freakin bad a##
                          Agree..

Comment

Thanks again for the guesses. Like I said, I was 16 when I took him....so I really never thought about having him measured. It has always been one of my favorites just because of how unique it was and taking it on public land.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                              Thanks again for the guesses. Like I said, I was 16 when I took him....so I really never thought about having him measured. It has always been one of my favorites just because of how unique it was and taking it on public land.

I sure wish you would change your mind and get it scored. I want to know now

Comment

Working...
                              X