Deyhdrating Meals for Back Country Hunting/Backpacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deyhdrating Meals for Back Country Hunting/Backpacking

Adam and I leave today for our 2020 Elk Hunt in New Mexico! I filmed my process of dehydrating ingredients and "building" the meals that I'll eat on the mountain.

In this first video, I put together the ingredients for each meal.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PGqt-tBJI8"]Dehydrating Meals for Back Country Bow Hunting (Backpacking/Hiking) - YouTube[/ame]

I ran out of time (setting up to film each step takes a LOT of time!) but in my next video I'll show the process and techniques for dehydrating each ingredient.
    My Flickr Photos

Wow you guys are going eat like Kings on the mountain. Great job with the foods and video

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
      Wow you guys are going eat like Kings on the mountain. Great job with the foods and video

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

very nice!!

Comment

Great video. Shows just how much preparation the “food” side of back country hunting takes if someone wants to do it right. How many butane canisters do you all have to pack in with you to last for a 5-7 day hunt? The last time I elk hunted we were able to go back to a camp daily.

Comment

What a great video. Never dreamed of dehydrating cream corn or pasta sauce.

Comment

That’s cool

Comment

I admire your ambition. Pretty cool but it looks like a lot of work.

Comment

Great video!

This may be a dumb question, but why cook the pasta then dehydrate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Where do you purchase the bags to put the meals in?

Comment

Working...
                    X