Which new rule would you prefer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which new rule would you prefer?

A little song bird told me we could possibly be having a new law or two imposed on us Texans. To sum up super quick...

1. No hunting on Sundays. Sort of like the 10 other States that have this now.

OR

2. Every single game animal shot on public AND private land must be checked in at an approved check in station. For various reasons but main excuse is for CWD.

Like in Tennessee where it's mandatory. Michigan is voluntary.

If I had to pick one of those it would be the no Sunday hunting option for me. I typically sleep in on Sunday and hit the road.

Comment

I vote for neither. I could see number 2 getting passed before number 1 though. Hunting is big business in Texas and many people only have Sat-Sun or even Sunday only to hunt.

Comment

Sunday rule would be terrible. Working man would get one day to hunt.

Comment

I don't want either. I already have a hard time getting to do any hunting on weekdays. So i dang sure want to be sitting in the stand as much as possible.

And the mandatory check in? That's BS as well for the same reason above. Its going to put a halt to a lot of guys who have minimal time or means to hunt.

Comment

If I had to pick, give me option 2.

Comment

Neither.

Comment

Your little birdie is a dodo bird...

Comment

No hunting on Sunday sounds like another BS blue law to me. What would the reason be other than to keep the working man from hunting as already stated? I can't think of a single reason this would be a good idea in Texas.

I don't like the checkin either but that is infinitely better than losing half the weekend. This is assuming it is a quick and easy process with tons of locations. Adding an hour or 2 to the drive home if you shoot something would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    That's what I was thinking.

Comment

What basis is behind the no Sundays? Other than religious purposes, that's complete bs. And even for religious purposes, its still bs.

Comment

NEITHER. But they are more than welcome to come out and look in the cooler anytime they want.

Comment

No hunting on a Sunday will never happen. Here in Texas, we have way too many deer that need to be harvested, so I can’t see TPWD doing that...... because there are so many deer that get harvested in Texas, I can’t see every deer having to be checked in either. Think how much man power that would take.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it

Comment

I would most likely become a poacher if either of those were put into affect.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              x3

Comment

Working...
                              X