A nice moment on the way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice moment on the way home

On the way home from work i passed a street corner just like most every day. There's usually someone panhandling on one of these corners. There's a rotating cast of characters. This is not about whether or not to give to panhandlers, they made their bed let them sleep in it, none of that.

I saw two people on the corner. One of them clearly homeless. The status of the other was not completely obvious at first. Well the lady hands the homeless guy a small sack from the QT on the other side of the intersection. They look inside, she pretty clearly tells him what is inside. They talk for just a few seconds. She reaches her hand out, puts it on his shoulder, and she clearly prays for / with the guy. Pretty long prayer too. When she's done the guy looks up and clearly says "thank you". As the light changed were still talking.

I doubt it changed much in the world. But then again, maybe it did? All i know is i'm a little better off for the experience. There's some decent people left in this world.

Be the change...
    Attached Files

A prayer and some food are what he needs.

Comment

Thanks for sharing. We need a lot more prayers in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudcatz View Post
        Thanks for sharing. We need a lot more prayers in this country.
        I agree.

Comment

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

God bless that lady. Angels walk among us, and some on their way to being angels walk among us too. I’m also a little better off for the experience mikemorvan, thanks for posting this. What a great picture.

Comment

In this completely divided world/country you're absolutely right. Any and all common grounds that can bring people together especially at our lowest of times is a good thing.
              Last edited by arrowsmack324; 10-21-2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

A guy I went to school with does that through a ministry in the DFW area. He is constantly working with the homeless whether providing prayer, clothes or food it is his full time job. He quit a good paying job many years ago to do this. And yes it is great to see.

Comment

Good stuff, Mike.

Comment

Yes Sir that’s good to see!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
                          On the way home from work i passed a street corner just like most every day. There's usually someone panhandling on one of these corners. There's a rotating cast of characters. This is not about whether or not to give to panhandlers, they made their bed let them sleep in it, none of that.

I saw two people on the corner. One of them clearly homeless. The status of the other was not completely obvious at first. Well the lady hands the homeless guy a small sack from the QT on the other side of the intersection. They look inside, she pretty clearly tells him what is inside. They talk for just a few seconds. She reaches her hand out, puts it on his shoulder, and she clearly prays for / with the guy. Pretty long prayer too. When she's done the guy looks up and clearly says "thank you". As the light changed were still talking.

I doubt it changed much in the world. But then again, maybe it did? All i know is i'm a little better off for the experience. There's some decent people left in this world.

Be the change...
                          we need more of this.

Comment

Thanks Mike. She gets a star in her crown.

Comment

Heartwarming. There are stil a loota good folks in this world. Thanks for sharing. We all need to keep things in perspective.

Comment

Working...
                              X