• Show
Clear All

Fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
      Fantastic!
      Thanks!

Originally posted by boyles77 View Post
      sweet video buddy! That DSLR filming is a class of its own!
      It definitely adds another degree of difficulty, but the autofocus on my new A7S III makes it a bit easier. Thanks!

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Man I said it on youtube but that dang slow-mo is incredible! Love that bow too...

"I wanna be like Mike!"
      LOL! Thanks Jason. 120fps is awesome when slowed down.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      Michael, good on the BTS plus on the PIP switch, perhaps a fade to full rather than a "switch" may be less distracting. I personally like the PIP, or even split screens of equal size...

On and the Beauty Berries, the deer will eat them better after the frost falls on them. They get sweeter... but they ain't gonna go for beauty berries when there's corn (or acorns) on the ground!!
      Thanks Charlie! I think fading out sooner or just letting it roll would be less distracting . I also like the split screen as long as framing is correct on both angles. I wasn’t thinking split screen (or PIP) when filming. I was anticipating the doe moving forward and framed her in lower 3rd on left side. That probably doesn’t leave enough room for split screen.

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
      that was too cool! we've been watching you video hunts for 20yrs and its amazing how you continue to take it to a new level.

Thanks Billy. I’ve definitely had a lot of practice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Man it looked still that day! Can't believe none of those deer busted you with the movement combined with short sleeves and no face mask! Getting a shot off at an older doe with yearlings in that environment is impressive! Nice shot!

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
          Man it looked still that day! Can't believe none of those deer busted you with the movement combined with short sleeves and no face mask! Getting a shot off at an older doe with yearlings in that environment is impressive! Nice shot!

The stand is about 15’ up and there’s good cover up over the base of the stand. I also don’t have a shooting lane to the feeder, so I’m completely concealed if deer are around it. I also have good cover behind.

That said, slow movement is key. Until this season I’ve hunted for years from a tree stand that is literally 4’ off the ground (Killin’ Tree at our old ranch). It wasn’t uncommon to have deer a few feet from me that never knew I was there.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Michael, you seen the new DJI pocket 2 4K that DJI just annonced?!! Will be available November 1...
            Go to their site and look at it!! It's a game-changer!

Compact and portable, DJI Pocket 2 is a stabilized 4K camera made to let you capture your moments with magic at hand.

Comment

Michael, you seen the new DJI pocket 2 4K that DJI just annonced?!! Will be available November 1...

https://www.dji.com/pocket-2?site=br...&from=homepage

I haven’t seen the specs on the new one (I’m afraid to look! [emoji12]) but I have the original Pocket.

It’s awesome! The BTS on my doe video here was filmed with it.

I’ll take a look to see what improvements they’ve made, but I don’t see me upgrading from the one I have.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

https://www.dji.com/pocket-2?site=br...&from=homepage

Just to follow up, it appears that there are some camera aspects improvements over the predecessor and some additional modular capabilities that improve upon the original. It’s a great little camera on a gimbal for somebody that may be looking for a vlogging or second angle camera for filming hunts.

That said, I don’t see enough improvements over the original to entice me to upgrade. It still requires an additional module for wi-fi if you want to use it remotely as a reverse angle camera. My unit also has a 15 minute auto power off feature that makes it difficult for reverse angle cam (although I figured out a suitable work around if needed in a pinch.)

I love the original and use it a lot and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the Pocket 2 for new buyer, but I don’t see enough advantage to upgrade over the First edition.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Yea, I've got the DJI original full size and I used it a bit, but it was pretty big and bulky and I just ran out of room carrying stuff to the stand. I think I'll probably get one of the pocket 2's when they are available... I noticed yours has the thumb wheel option added. Is that a good thing? better than the buttons? Guess it might be smoother and more controllable??

Comment

Awesome job and great video!!

Comment

Yea, I've got the DJI original full size and I used it a bit, but it was pretty big and bulky and I just ran out of room carrying stuff to the stand. I think I'll probably get one of the pocket 2's when they are available... I noticed yours has the thumb wheel option added. Is that a good thing? better than the buttons? Guess it might be smoother and more controllable??

The thumb wheel definitely makes it smoother, but you can only adjust pan or tilt separately. It looks like the P2 has a joystick...not sure if that’s included or an add on. The other thing to keep in mind is the wi-fi is an additional module. I wish it was included.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

moved to video forum.
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Comment

Nice video! Drilled her! Was watching closely how you got your bow off it’s limb hanger....slowly got it into position without them picking up on the movement. Great job! Enjoyed it! Agree with ya, any animal with a bow is a trophy, like you, I get excited when all comes together, good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by DBLHKUP View Post
                              Nice video! Drilled her! Was watching closely how you got your bow off it’s limb hanger....slowly got it into position without them picking up on the movement. Great job! Enjoyed it! Agree with ya, any animal with a bow is a trophy, like you, I get excited when all comes together, good stuff!

Thanks! I probably need a different bow hanger for that set that requires less movement!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

It's always great when you see them fall! Congrats on the nice shot, nice doe and nice evening!

Comment

Working...
                                X