• Show
Clear All

Good luck. Save me the backstraps!

Comment

I don't think he makes 30".

Comment

29-30 is my guess. Good luck!

Comment

Awesome! I am glad she's going after one!! . Keep us posted and Good luck

Comment

Looks about 31" to me. Sure is pretty. Good luck!

Comment

29-29 7/8" is my assessment. :-)

Comment

Always click on any thread you start about AXIS!!! You sure got some good 'uns Misty!!
                That's a nice buck... a bit narrow and that may result in somewhat shorter beams, but I think his right beam will scare 31 and the left beam will hit 28-30... If that left beam hits 30, the right one will scare 33 inches... Brow guards are awesome and beautiful cape too! Good luck to both guide and hunter!!

Comment

My guess is right at 30"

Comment

Originally posted by texaslammer View Post
                    Awesome! I am glad she's going after one!! . Keep us posted and Good luck

Thanks y’all, we miss you!! I’m glad she’s finally decided she wanted to get back out there. Probably because the weather will be perfect to sit in. Not too cold, not too hot. Tell Connie and the babies we said hi!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Always click on any thread you start about AXIS!!! You sure got some good 'uns Misty!!
                      That's a nice buck... a bit narrow and that may result in somewhat shorter beams, but I think his right beam will scare 31 and the left beam will hit 28-30... If that left beam hits 30, the right one will scare 33 inches... Brow guards are awesome and beautiful cape too! Good luck to both guide and hunter!!

Lol I have some much larger on this ranch but she’d have to actually hunt for them. This buck is just right for a first walk hanger IMO and may prove to be easy to hunt. You never know in the hill country though, he may disappear before we get there. I’m certain he is over 30” for sure. How much over remains to be seen.

Comment

Definitely over 30 and great brows. A true trophy for a first Axis. Best of luck to her.

Comment

Good luck to the wife. Looks like a great trophy! Not even going to guess on length!

Comment

First thought was 28"

Comment

Here he is this morning. He brought another set of bucks with him, a nice buck about the same size and another OLD buck that’s broken one of his main beams in half. She might actually get a choice in bucks and if the old guy looks old enough I guess I’ll shoot him too.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X