Double throat patch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
    I killed this 10 point near Sterling City a few years past and always considered him a "double" throat patch? I know the white does not extend downwards but the brown strip separating the white was unique I thought. I always love seeing anything even a "little" outside the norm.

Looks like it to me. I agree, the more naturally unique a deer is the more appealing they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I should have done a shoulder of this guy. Then I'd have a double, single and zero throat patch buck

Good luck chica!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        I should have done a shoulder of this guy. Then I'd have a double, single and zero throat patch buck

Good luck chica!

Dang that’s a toad of a buck!!

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
          Dang that’s a toad of a buck!!

Shhhhh. No deer in east tx [emoji16]

Thanks

We see a a few double throat patch bucks. This deer was all over for 2 years and disappeared. Guess he got whacked..if not the same
          Last edited by Quackerbox; 09-21-2020, 07:54 PM.

Comment

I got one a few years ago that I used on the first deer my son shot. I didn't think my wife would want to mount his and I got in trouble when I showed up at home with him skinned out.

Comment

Lol

Comment

Great looking buck, good luck!

Comment

Definitely two throat patches!!!

Comment

I bet the majority of our bucks have double throat patches as obviously it is a passed down genetic trait in our herd. There are more than a few management bucks that met their demise bc of it over their single patch brothers

Comment

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
                      I bet the majority of our bucks have double throat patches as obviously it is a passed down genetic trait in our herd. There are more than a few management bucks that met their demise bc of it over their single patch brothers

Whaaaat? I’ve never shot a double so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this dude. I’ll choose a cool looking buck over a “big deer” any day especially if the deer is old. What I’ve noticed is the older they get, the more weird traits pop up on their antlers in my neck of the woods. I like to get mine past 6 before calling them mature and when I do, there’s usually something unique about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post

Good luck chica!

I've seen and shot quite a few double throat patch, but I can't recall ever seeing one without a throat patch.

Comment

Working...
                        X