Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    Happy B-day Snowflake Crappie Killa. Hope ya killed a bunch of-em today, young man.

You know your getting old when people automatically give you a senior discount without you asking for it.
    <----<< Said this feller.
    Thanks TG. Not there yet on the discount

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
      Did a little better today! Went and fished all new stuff after lunch since we didn’t have a shot anyhow and found some good stuff. Finally broke 10 pounds. Only took us 6 tournament days to do. Had good fish again prefishing and then the rain came and raised the river 2.5’ overnight. Texas State championship on Pines in 2 weeks! Have only been on that lake once since May! Looking forward to that one and beating up on E Tx crappie for a while and then heading to Branson for a week the end of Oct!! Man crappie fishing never gets old! That river was wild. Last place we fished we were catching crappie 2’ down in 3’ of water casting jigs to them. Those river crappie live shallow over there. Most our fish were in 6-7’ of water.
      The only way it could be worse is if Lsu lost too...[emoji1787]

Glad you got some reps in! I wouldn't know the first thing about fishing for river crappie!

Branson should be awesome. Wish I could take a road trip up there for one of these tourneys.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pinch me! I think I’m dreaming. Three limits in a row. It’s gotta be the new yak ‘cause I’m not this good of a fisherman.

Comment

Kelly (Aironeout) got out yesterday on Coleto. Motor problems (water pump) limited our range, but we boxed 25 on arti's on deep water brush piles.

Beautiful day on water with a childhood buddy always is a good day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	24632503

Name:	thumbnail (3).jpg
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	24632504

Name:	thumbnail (1).jpg
Size:	146.6 KB
ID:	24632505

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	24632506
          Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

Better leave some for the spring spawn Larry.

Nice work Gary, Kelly!

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              The only way it could be worse is if Lsu lost too...[emoji1787]

Glad you got some reps in! I wouldn't know the first thing about fishing for river crappie!

Branson should be awesome. Wish I could take a road trip up there for one of these tourneys.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
              Lol! Add blowout to the weekend list!! Was planning on getting 4 new trailer tires anyhow in the next couple weeks! I’m glad this weekend is nearly over!

Comment

For the record, I’m WELL OVERDUE to get my boat wet due to work and thangs... I do plan on a trip in the next month; bow season or Not!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                  For the record, I’m WELL OVERDUE to get my boat wet due to work and thangs... I do plan on a trip in the next month; bow season or Not!!!
                  I'm gonna miss all of Oct fishing! That's a great month to fish! Weather is awesome, fish are fat and aggressive, and nobody is on the lake! Planning trips to Arkansas and Mississippi this winter as well! At the rate I'm going I might not pick up my bow!

I think I am going to get to the woods once or twice in Nov and again in December. But got trips, duck hunts, and fun fishing thrown in there as well. More excited about traveling after another 3 pounder than I am at deer and axis!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                    Better leave some for the spring spawn Larry.

F the spawn! It’s all about packing the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by larry View Post
                      f the spawn! It’s all about packing the freezer.
                      Oh my!

Comment

So I don’t wanna read back through this whole thread. Where can a guy buy some good hand tied jigs?

Comment

Larry you need to read it all it's in there [emoji23]

Comment

Man that never gets old! Frying fish tomorrow eve so figured why not get some fresh fish! Kept the first 25 and tossed 2x that back. Lots of 1.5s-1.8s. No kickers though. Sure beats the hell out the Quachita River.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              Man that never gets old! Frying fish tomorrow eve so figured why not get some fresh fish! Kept the first 25 and tossed 2x that back. Lots of 1.5s-1.8s. No kickers though. Sure beats the hell out the Quachita River.
                              I thought you loved that river [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                I thought you loved that river [emoji1787]

I wouldn’t even buy a national championship T shirt cause I didn’t wanna be reminded of that place!!!😂

E Tx crappie in trouble next couple weeks. Then maybe head to Arkansas and Mississippi. So many lakes so little time!!

Comment

Working...
                                X