Collapsible window shelf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Collapsible window shelf?

What do you guys use for collapsible window shelves? We have a 4x4 guest blind going up and want the best of both worlds. I’m sure there are some better methods here than Google. Anyone care to share?

Anyone?

Comment

Maybe give a better description of what you are asking about. I’m not sure what a callapsible window shelf is...

Comment

we just built a blind, but i did not take a pic of the window "shelves". but i will try to describe. The window is a board, that has hinges at the bottom, and it opens inward. We put a single hinge at the top also and attached about a 18" 1x2 to it and put a block on the wall directly below the shelf and 1x2. As u open the window, the 1x2 swings freely and u put on top of the block and it holds it horizontal making a shelf. If you dont put it on the block it hangs down and opens fully

Comment

They are called folding brackets. They will allow you to lift and lock a shelf. Unlock and fold the shelf down against the wall.

Google them!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
            we just built a blind, but i did not take a pic of the window "shelves". but i will try to describe. The window is a board, that has hinges at the bottom, and it opens inward. We put a single hinge at the top also and attached about a 18" 1x2 to it and put a block on the wall directly below the shelf and 1x2. As u open the window, the 1x2 swings freely and u put on top of the block and it holds it horizontal making a shelf. If you dont put it on the block it hangs down and opens fully
            This is what I had pictured in my head, thanks.

Comment

Put the 1x2 prop on each end of the shelf, and maybe one in the middle too for stability.

Comment

Working...
              X