Deer lease value inside city limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer lease value inside city limits

A friend of mine (who doesn’t hunt) asked me about helping her to lease about 60 acres of land she has for a bowhunting lease. Because of the location of her land and the proximity to a rather famous large range I told her the normal $12-14 per acre situation is irrelevant but I’m curious what market would be for this.

The land is inside city limits and pretty much adjoins a large ranch (very large) ranch. I was thinking 2 people at 2k per bow.

I have no idea of the quality of deer on her place but I have seen some pretty nice deer in the general area. I would imagine a regime of heavy corn slinging would draw some in.
    Last edited by kyle1974; 09-14-2019, 04:55 PM.

Sounds fair

Comment

Get ready for your PM's to blow up.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        Get ready for your PM's to blow up.

In all reality I would be on it like white on rice, but she brought it up in front of my wife and I think my wife was already calling a divorce attorney when she saw my eyes light up. The place is less than 5 minutes from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
          In all reality I would be on it like white on rice, but she brought it up in front of my wife and I think my wife was already calling a divorce attorney when she saw my eyes light up. The place is less than 5 minutes from my house.

Comment

I least my 54 acre place for 1250 per person and that was with me paying electric. Don’t know how much more you will get than that but you might.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kyle I'll take it if it's near a good ranch and take you as a guest if it helps save your marriage

Comment

Is bowhunting legal in that city?

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                  Is bowhunting legal in that city?

Yeah. Shotguns are even legal on 20+ acres if it was incorporated before a certain date. I have another friend with 40 acres and we dove hunt all the time in the city limits.

Comment

What city

Comment

Corpus

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                        Corpus
                        Figured that. Just confirming. I gave 300 bucks for a lease in San Marcos city limits once. Was only like 10 acres so I’d say she can get $1k-$1500 easily.

Comment

Someone was looking for 2500 for 10 acres in Grayson so 1200 for 60 is a steal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds fair to me for 1st year then adjust after what you harvest

Comment

$1500-$2000 per bow x2 doesn’t sound bad. Should move fast if so

Comment

Working...
                              X