No announcement yet.

Caddo Parrish Mineral Rights $$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If she wants to sell I’ll give her $10k right now.

Honestly, mineral rights are getting harder to come by. I would never sell any if I owned them, even if there is no current production. You never know what might be discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
      Hang on to it Bobby. We have property in the same parish and Bienville.. They are targeting people looking for quick $$ and not thinking long term potential. They are targeting 18,000 feet and more horizontals now in the Haynesville. By the time your grand kids are our age they will probably be well below 25,000 ft. A few hundred every month or so adds up over time. Also Haynesville is the closest major gas play to the LNG shipping facilities on the gulf. The amount of LNG exports is ramping up as new trains come on line. This is a major reason the Haynesville has fired back up.
      Pay attention to this.

I am good friends with the guys that own most of the fracking sand along the Red River to be used in the Haynesville shale. They haven't invested hundreds of millions for generosity . Desotto Parish is very hot. Caddo right there and the LNG connection is powerful. There is still big money to be made in the Haynesville Shale

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
        Chesapeake isn’t buying mineral rights for the existing production on something that pays out $300 every other month. That isn’t worth their time that’s what flippers do not majors. They are planning on new activity IMO
        I didn’t think Chesapeake was buying them. He Just said getting calls, so I assumed it was private firms around there just looking to pick up quick buy minerals while people are getting crappy checks. That’s how it is around me right now anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
          Regardless if there will be activity or not there are companies that solicit buying minerals full time. That's all they do. Oil could be $10 and someone would offer to buy them. An offer to purchase rarely has a lot to do with direct activity levels.
          This right here! ^^^ Low prices = easy pickup of minerals for purchasing companies, has nothing to do with the oil companies.

Joe Bob used to make $500 a month, now he makes $100. Someone comes in and offers him 5K, he sells. The buyer then waits for oil to hit $90, then he’s back making $500 a month on a $5,000 investment. Happens all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
            I didn’t think Chesapeake was buying them. He Just said getting calls, so I assumed it was private firms around there just looking to pick up quick buy minerals while people are getting crappy checks. That’s how it is around me right now anyways.
            Could be but there is a reason they want them anyway. Not all areas are worth buying even for flippers

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
              Could be but there is a reason they want them anyway. Not all areas are worth buying even for flippers
              Yep, no doubt. Better plays = better payout. Not to mention if they decide to poke a new one, or even better you own the land too and they throw in a disposal. Like bphillips said, if there is desire from buyers, to me they’re looking for something more. No one is going to be looking for dead stuff, unless it’s pennies on the $. No way I would let any minerals go.

Comment

Don’t sell

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                  The wife isn't going to sell hers.

I'm just wondering if any TBHers have any specific info on oil/gas production in the area. Or any insight into Chesapeake's activity there.
                  Not selling. Looking for info on activity in Caddo Parish.

Thanks for all the info so far.

Comment

Hang on to them for sure!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X