Live crawfish split..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live crawfish split..

Anyone or ones want to split a sack of crawfish? I cant justify the 9$ a pound at restaurants.... that being said, I drive thru Louisiana once a week for work. I could pick up a sack and get them split up and to you on a Wednesday. We drive thru there Tues afternoon and I'm off on Wednesday. Wish it were closer to the weekend, but it is what it is. I called the wholesaler last week. They're running 3$ a lb live. The catch is, I have to buy a 30 to 35lb sac. I'd only keep about 10 lbs for myself.

Where are you located?

Comment

Oh sorry I'm in dfw. Denton to be exact. That would help.

Comment

Crawfish

I will after spring break some time

Comment

Interested for sure! Are you doing this all season or just a one time deal?

Comment

Just once prob. Maybe a few times depending on if the prices stay so high at restaurants. I just cant eat 30 lbs between me my wife and kids.

Comment

I'd be picking em up in Alexandria la.

Comment

May not be that expensive to eat some in Aleck.

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
                  Just once prob. Maybe a few times depending on if the prices stay so high at restaurants. I just cant eat 30 lbs between me my wife and kids.

You could peel/freeze the leftovers for etoufee!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife wants some, so do I. I truck cross country for a living, I can stop on my way back home and get a sack, just looking for another person or 2 to split it with.

Comment

It'd be a lot cooler if you were rolling through Houston.

Comment

Several places in Southeast Texas are at $2.75 per pound already for live. Boiled is still $7-8 per pound in the restaurants but boil and go spots are $5 for 10# or more, $5.50 for less than 10#.

Prices outside of restaurants are falling every couple of weeks.

Comment

If your ever in Texas City stop at Boyds at the base of the dyke, they are $4.99 boiled now and will be a little cheaper in a month when crawfish season really kicks off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Several places in Southeast Texas are at $2.75 per pound already for live. Boiled is still $7-8 per pound in the restaurants but boil and go spots are $5 for 10# or more, $5.50 for less than 10#.

Prices outside of restaurants are falling every couple of weeks.
                            Our last order was 4.00 a pound, the week before they were 3.25, it is a supply and demand deal, we have never bought them for less than 3.00, we usually buy 120 lbs at a time and can get them delivered daily.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                              Our last order was 4.00 a pound, the week before they were 3.25, it is a supply and demand deal, we have never bought them for less than 3.00, we usually buy 120 lbs at a time and can get them delivered daily.
                              Curious how restaurants establish "market price" vs what they can be bought for live?
                              Crawfish, crab legs, etc
                              I understand associated cost to get them there and cook but is market price an average of what others are getting or how is that determined?
                              Since you own a couple of restaurants I figure you can shed some light on this

Comment

Working...
                              X