6.5 Creedmoor on Elk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    Because it does nothing that the 260 Remington has been doing for years. Hornady just marketed the hell out of it and people went Gaga over it.

There’s really nothing special about it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I hear you. I own two 6.5s: a Grendel and a .260. I agree that it is nearly identical to the .260, and just wish Remington would have got a quality marketer/cartridge loader onboard like Hornday. Either is great for the sport, and even though I reload, it would be nice to go pick up some .5 MOA ammo at Academy like a Creemoor owner can. Hell, my buddy's RPR is hanging real close to my custom 700 with reloads. I guess it's just another excuse to pick up a new rifle!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Because it does nothing that the 260 Remington has been doing for years. Hornady just marketed the hell out of it and people went Gaga over it.

There’s really nothing special about it at all.

Do you think guys with a 6.5x55 were saying the same thing about the 260 forty years ago?

I have never understood this argument.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
        Do you think guys with a 6.5x55 were saying the same thing about the 260 forty years ago?

Definitely
        Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-29-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

6.5 Creedmoor on Elk

Originally posted by El General View Post

Probably not. The 6.5x55 Swede 40 years ago was limited to Mauser type rifles at lower velocities so it wasn’t on par with the 260. And it was a long action not a short action.

The 260 and CM are virtually identical in terms of ballistic performance.

I do like the steeper shoulder angle of the CM but I’m too heavily invested in 260 Rem to change so I’ll just have one or more of my 260s punched out to 260AI and get the benefit of the AI case and higher velocity than the CM.

Last edited by Mike D; 12-29-2017, 08:37 AM.

Comment

143gr ELD-X and go hunt. I watched my son and a buddies son use my Creedmoor and those bullets to kill 2 cull bulls with no problem. Same buddy killed one in Colorado with 1 shot at 350 yards.

Comment

6.5 should be fine with a good Bullet.

I had a cow elk in my crosshairs over thanksgiving weekend, but I couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger. I was under gunned with my axis 223. I regret not taking the head shot, but a wounded elk can run a VERY LONG WAY!!

Comment

Comment

603 yard elk kill with creedmoor

6.5 creedmoor 603yrds elk kill

Comment

Ragin' said it's all about shot placement..........oh and that he's a HUGE fan of the 6.5 CM.

Comment

Working...
                    X