Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-06-2019, 10:25 AM   #2651
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by hully1029 View Post
Im sick and tired of jaylon's antics. Down by 17 in more than likely a must win game and hes celebrating breaking up a pass like he make a strip sack..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I was at this game, that whole **** defense quit except 54. Hrs trying to keep a little fire on that side of the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Fightinaggies is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #2652
sotx
Ten Point

Hunt In: McMullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackerback View Post
For all the bad Jerry has done, he has put a talented team on the field. I do believe the cowboys will get a good coach this offseason. Jerry is too loyal. He won’t fire Garrett. He will let him walk when his contract expires
Five head coaches since 1998 and no winning
One owner, President, General Manager since 1998 and no winning
You see the problem?
22 years of losing!
sotx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 10:47 AM   #2653
Fightinaggies
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sutton County

Fightinaggies is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 11:44 AM   #2654
hoghunter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: looking for one

coaches only call the plays, qb get to audible other players have to make the plays, alot of q.b have won with terrible coaches, the cowboys just are not that good, over paid and no desire,
hoghunter69 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #2655
coldgas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

I'm torn on this fire Garrett stuff. What do we do when the next coach has the same mediocre seasons as the previous coaches? This is all on JJ. I think his coaches hands are tied. JJ doesn't allow them to so what needs to be done. I've got a bottle of patron that says Garrett goes in to win a SB with another team. Probably the Giants.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
coldgas is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #2656
Clay C
Ten Point

If JJ is really the problem (and i have no reason to doubt it), then the only way to change it is to stop watching, stop buying and stop supporting. He's the owner of the business. If a business is doing well they will continue on as usual. If their pocket books start getting hit they will look at what changes need to be made.

People will brag about how they are the most watched team in sports, then turn around and complain about how they suck and won't change.
Clay C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:12 PM   #2657
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgas View Post
I'm torn on this fire Garrett stuff. What do we do when the next coach has the same mediocre seasons as the previous coaches? This is all on JJ. I think his coaches hands are tied. JJ doesn't allow them to so what needs to be done. I've got a bottle of patron that says Garrett goes in to win a SB with another team. Probably the Giants.

How long of a window are we talking might be in on this
Jcjohnson is online now   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:28 PM   #2658
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

https://www.facebook.com/33296824341...60?d=n&sfns=mo

Jerry gettin edgy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:30 PM   #2659
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Hunt In: Coleman, OK

I think the only thing that will get JJ to change is public opinion. Unfortunately, the local media must be so addicted to the unparalleled (compared to other professional teams) access he gives them that they won't focus enough attention on the JJ problem.

On multiple occasions on multiple local media outlets I have heard a guest or caller bring up the JJ as GM, player personnel manager, coach micro-manager issue only to hear the host(s) say that isn't going to change. Then they change the subject back to whoever they do want to bash.
ttechdallas is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #2660
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttechdallas View Post
I think the only thing that will get JJ to change is public opinion. Unfortunately, the local media must be so addicted to the unparalleled (compared to other professional teams) access he gives them that they won't focus enough attention on the JJ problem.

On multiple occasions on multiple local media outlets I have heard a guest or caller bring up the JJ as GM, player personnel manager, coach micro-manager issue only to hear the host(s) say that isn't going to change. Then they change the subject back to whoever they do want to bash.
When, specifically, has JJ ever gave two rat sized ****s about public opinion?
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #2661
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Cranky https://twitter.com/mailman_phil/sta...95867906723846
Smell the Glove is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #2662
SmTx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Wells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
If JJ is really the problem (and i have no reason to doubt it), then the only way to change it is to stop watching, stop buying and stop supporting. He's the owner of the business. If a business is doing well they will continue on as usual. If their pocket books start getting hit they will look at what changes need to be made.

People will brag about how they are the most watched team in sports, then turn around and complain about how they suck and won't change.
That's likely a pipe dream then as they're the #1 sports team in the world.

Amazingly they still beat out the top FCs in $$$.
SmTx is online now   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 01:02 PM   #2663
Killer
Ten Point

Hunt In: God's green earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Only when his pocket book is affected. He says he wants to win more than anything, but really he wants to make money more than anything if winning comes along so be it. Just look how long it has been since they were a good team and winning! Heck my son is 26 and he has never seen them win anything!!!
Killer is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #2664
wellingtontx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

Simple - They Stink

Until JJ passes on AND JG is no longer the Coach, they will continue to to be a .500 Club.
wellingtontx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #2665
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

If public opinion actually matters to Jerrah then he should let the public decide by ballot who should be the next GM and next head coach since we the public actually know much more than Jerrah does about how to fix his mess.
muzzlebrake is online now   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #2666
RickH78
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall, Texas

Garrett has no fire at all. He just stands over there on the sidelines with his thumb up his *** and a bewildered look on his face. Its like Phillips is still coaching, maybe that's where he learned his coaching philosophy.
RickH78 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #2667
Kingfisher789
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood

I’m just happy I cancelled my flight and didn’t pay to go watch that sorry excuse for a team
Kingfisher789 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #2668
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:

Nope, and explains a lot.

Graysonhogs is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #2669
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickH78 View Post
Garrett has no fire at all. He just stands over there on the sidelines with his thumb up his *** and a bewildered look on his face. Its like Phillips is still coaching, maybe that's where he learned his coaching philosophy.

He is a programmed cyborg.

Old 12-06-2019, 02:11 PM   #2670
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County

Sad thing is that even with a new coach you still have GM Jones running the ship. And when he dies and his kids take over nothing will change. Stephen isn't going to be any different and I hear he is more of a hot head besides.
Dakota7493 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:15 PM   #2671
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmTx View Post
That's likely a pipe dream then as they're the #1 sports team in the world.

Amazingly they still beat out the top FCs in $$$.
That's kind of my point. Everyone says JJ needs to change, but the books say otherwise.
Clay C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:21 PM   #2672
waterdog
Pope & Young

a lot of chat today bring in the Urban Cowboy?
waterdog is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #2673
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
when they decide not to buy tickets
hpdrifter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:37 PM   #2674
oktx
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wise County

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
a lot of chat today bring in the Urban Cowboy?
Yup, he’s been mentioned a lot today on DFW radio.
oktx is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 02:56 PM   #2675
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-cowb...180453106.html
Jcjohnson is online now   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 03:06 PM   #2676
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgas View Post

Ill take that bet

Johnny_Dodson is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 03:09 PM   #2677
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpdrifter View Post
when they decide not to buy tickets
Oh. Thought you were being serious.
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 04:07 PM   #2678
coldgas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hemphill Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcjohnson View Post
How long of a window are we talking might be in on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
Ill take that bet

I said a bottle not 2 bottles. Lol

Seriously though, I don't think it matters who is coaching. Until JJ is gone this is what we can look forward to every year. Doesn't matter who is coaching.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
coldgas is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 04:13 PM   #2679
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Jerry is all about public opinion. That is what drove him to hire Parcells. He needed public opinion to shift so he could get his stadium built / seats sold.

After Parcells retired Jones went right back to his practice of paying his head coach at the lower end of market and doing most of the hiring and firing of assistants himself.

The media has given him a flier ever since, basically using the scapegoat du jour discussion to fuel ratings and clicks. The majority public opinion is that Garrett is the problem.

Look at JJ's reaction today when confronted with the truth. That is going to shift a lot more "public opinion" toward JJ. If it does, he is far more likely to hire the best head coaching candidate out there instead of the one most willing to acquiesce to his meddling into coaching.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:45 PM   #2680
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Jerry is all about public opinion. That is what drove him to hire Parcells. He needed public opinion to shift so he could get his stadium built / seats sold.

After Parcells retired Jones went right back to his practice of paying his head coach at the lower end of market and doing most of the hiring and firing of assistants himself.

The media has given him a flier ever since, basically using the scapegoat du jour discussion to fuel ratings and clicks. The majority public opinion is that Garrett is the problem.

Look at JJ's reaction today when confronted with the truth. That is going to shift a lot more "public opinion" toward JJ. If it does, he is far more likely to hire the best head coaching candidate out there instead of the one most willing to acquiesce to his meddling into coaching.
The reaction when confronted with the "truth" is him being upset when his bought and paid for radio station asks him something a lil outside the cowboy narrative. A reminder of the cowboy narrative:

JJ is the beginning, middle, and end, that's it. Embrace it and get over it. What he says goes. Very simple (and respectable really) approach.

Last edited by camoclad; 12-06-2019 at 04:49 PM.
camoclad is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 05:00 PM   #2681
ttechdallas
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by camoclad View Post
The reaction when confronted with the "truth" is him being upset when his bought and paid for radio station asks him something a lil outside the cowboy narrative. A reminder of the cowboy narrative:

JJ is the beginning, middle, and end, that's it. Embrace it and get over it. What he says goes. Very simple (and respectable really) approach.
Sounds like you are looking for an argument where this isn't one. This comment was in response to another. JJ is the beginning, middle and end - I agree - of the organization and its abysmal failure ever since he decided he couldn't let a coach coach without meddling and micro-managing.

There is nothing to embrace or get over. Unless of course you are happy with this team and its on the field product.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:16 PM   #2682
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Sounds like you are looking for an argument where this isn't one. This comment was in response to another. JJ is the beginning, middle and end - I agree - of the organization and its abysmal failure ever since he decided he couldn't let a coach coach without meddling and micro-managing.

There is nothing to embrace or get over. Unless of course you are happy with this team and its on the field product.
No argument with what you said here.

I'm not happy with the mediocrity, but I guess I have embraced JJs way. He ain't all that bad, and it's his ranch he can manage how he likes....
camoclad is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #2683
MBV77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Clay County

MBV77 is online now   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 08:30 PM   #2684
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Why would Jerry change? I guess the stadium is sold out and still selling merchandise. He is a business man. JMO. Hit him in the pocket book and things change.
doghouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 08:46 PM   #2685
Tom
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocky Mountains, Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
Why would Jerry change? I guess the stadium is sold out and still selling merchandise. He is a business man. JMO. Hit him in the pocket book and things change.
JJ's entire adult life has been one success after another. He would be a billionaire if he had nothing to do with football. He acquired the best franchise in the world and quickly continued his winning ways.....this has had an impact on him as he felt that like his oil company he was the key player in the success....clearly not...he is no football guy.....he had all of his minions (Cowboy Fans) tell him that he was a hero after he took over and hung a few banners in short order.....in his brain it was himself that was the difference. Congratulate yourself Cowboy fan base.....which I am part of. Ask Jerrah…..he is a FKN hall of famer....who would question his decisions??? YOU?? ME?? 105.3?? I don't think so. He has delivered.
Tom is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-06-2019, 08:57 PM   #2686
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Dallas's best selling jersey over the years is 88. And I thought it was for Michael Irwin now I understand it's for their record again.
brokeno is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2019, 09:42 AM   #2687
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
JJ's entire adult life has been one success after another. He would be a billionaire if he had nothing to do with football. He acquired the best franchise in the world and quickly continued his winning ways.....this has had an impact on him as he felt that like his oil company he was the key player in the success....clearly not...he is no football guy.....he had all of his minions (Cowboy Fans) tell him that he was a hero after he took over and hung a few banners in short order.....in his brain it was himself that was the difference. Congratulate yourself Cowboy fan base.....which I am part of. Ask Jerrah…..he is a FKN hall of famer....who would question his decisions??? YOU?? ME?? 105.3?? I don't think so. He has delivered.
And that is the perfect example of extreme narcissism. Not an uncommon thing among people like JJ to be that full of themselves. He would rather be in front of TV cameras everyday than holding a SB trophy. It's his way of self gratification.
Old 12-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #2688
3rdShot
Ten Point

No words needed...
Attached Images

3rdShot is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #2689
jlp04c
Eight Point

Cowboys are irrelevant..honestly sums it up
jlp04c is online now   Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 PM   #2690
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Eagles are currently trailing the Giants... Scary that the Cowboys could literally be NFC east champions... What a #%cking mess this will be... The NFL should change the rules and should never have a team with a losing record in the playoffs

JJ and carrot head = the big suck
Pedernal is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 07:19 AM   #2691
Dakota7493
Ten Point

Eagles pulled their heads out of their *** in the 2nd half. Rams will beat Cowboys this week and Eagles will beat the Redskins. Cowboys won’t have to worry about playoffs.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:24 AM   #2692
txwhitetail
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlp04c View Post
Cowboys are irrelevant..honestly sums it up

Great contribution to the post.

txwhitetail is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 07:40 AM   #2693
KyleW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota7493 View Post
Eagles pulled their heads out of their *** in the 2nd half. Rams will beat Cowboys this week and Eagles will beat the Redskins. Cowboys won’t have to worry about playoffs.
Even if we lose to the Rams and Eagles beat the Redskins, we will be behind one game. That’s it, one game. We play the Eagles the following week and as long as we kick their *** again we will be tied up again going into the final week in which we play the Redskins.

It’s sad that either one of these teams has potential to be in the playoffs but there’s no way I’d rather the Eagles be in it than the Cowboys
KyleW is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 07:43 AM   #2694
Dakota7493
Ten Point

You think you’re going into Philly and winning?! Lmao!
Old 12-10-2019, 08:20 AM   #2695
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Impeach Garrett!
GarGuy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #2696
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty

I think Steve Pelour was the qb last time I didn't watch 2 straight Cowboy games....it's pretty freeing.

Eff'em.
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 08:29 AM   #2697
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Impeach Garrett!

Garrett is merely a symptom.

Old 12-10-2019, 09:22 AM   #2698
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

I heard Mike Fisher on 105.3 yesterday, he said most folks do not understand how the Cowboys front office actually works, he said Jerry is the GM in name only, he said Will McClay and Stephen along with Garrett make most all of the personnel decisions. He also said Stephen has already had one meeting with Meyer, I put a lot of stock into what Fisher says, he is as close to an insider as it gets.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 10:18 AM   #2699
KyleW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota7493 View Post
You think you’re going into Philly and winning?! Lmao!
Yep just like they said they were gonna come kick our *** here and got smoked. We can beat them again. Did you not see them last night? Apparently not.

At least Maher got cut. Maybe we can count on field goals and extra points now.
KyleW is offline   Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2019, 10:19 AM   #2700
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

I wonder what kind of baggage Meyer is carrying? Seems that Jones' love them some baggage handlers.
Closed Thread