Storing stock question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing stock question

Made a big batch of turkey stock. Usually just freeze but would like to can. Can I can it without a pressure canner? Most of what I’m finding online says no, don’t have access to one, have always just done water baths for canning jams and jelly and pickles

Nevermind, just ended up making a couple batches of soup out of this batch of stock.

Comment

Asked the wife as she is the one who takes care of this kind of stuff and she said the water bath will work for canning. Just make sure the lids seal up good.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
        Asked the wife as she is the one who takes care of this kind of stuff and she said the water bath will work for canning. Just make sure the lids seal up good.
        Okay thanks. Will try it next time. Once I started reading about botchulism (sp) I got nervous

Comment

Not an expert but I’m pretty sure you can’t water bath meat or broths.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
            Made a big batch of turkey stock. Usually just freeze but would like to can. Can I can it without a pressure canner? Most of what I’m finding online says no, don’t have access to one, have always just done water baths for canning jams and jelly and pickles
            Get a pressure cooker!! So worth it, you will love it. I canned some cubed deer meat after opening bow day and we made Carnegie guisada the other day with it. Soooo good!! And only took like 45 mins since the meat was canned and already cooked. My other favorite things to make and can are spaghetti meat sauce and chili, using ground venison.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLizaMarie View Post
              Get a pressure cooker!! So worth it, you will love it. I canned some cubed deer meat after opening bow day and we made Carnegie guisada the other day with it. Soooo good!! And only took like 45 mins since the meat was canned and already cooked. My other favorite things to make and can are spaghetti meat sauce and chili, using ground venison.

Carnegie guisada!!! [emoji1787] CARNE

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLizaMarie View Post

I have a pressure cooker, but I had read I needed a pressure canner and what I have wouldn’t work. Will need to look into this

Comment

Working...
                X