No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great day. Tides were down, water was cool and the redfish were hungry. It was my girlfriends first time so we spent a lot of time working with her. She got frustrated but stuck it out and ended up with 5! Pretty much constant action all day. I love Fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my new G3 waders and the new G4 boots

Holy crap are these things nice! Boots are crazy comfy and the waders... I feel like I’ve been fishing in trash bags he last couple years! Well worth the money if anyone is in the market

Unrelated, wanting to book a trip to the salt for my dad and I next year. Oct or out because my wife and I are hopefully going to be expecting a baby to show up then. Any other times of year that would be best to go to port Arkansas area to fly fish? Want to get my dad on his first salt water fish and surprise him with a good trip

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie_bowtech View Post
          Had an epic day recently fishing with Mason Matejcek. I’ve been with him a few times and he’s a great guide.

I took a customer and we caught about 20 fish and most of them were over 26”.

I got my new personal best 28” and was the only one we measured.

I know this one was a little bigger.

Flyfishing for redfish? Whats that? Its been so long.

Congrats on the reds. My personal best on a flyrod is 28" also. Heck of a fight.

What fly are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post

That's a pig of a brown. Congrats! Where at?

Comment

Sight casting to Reds in shin deep water is my first choice followed by topwaters w/baitcaster. No live bait when fishing and No rifles for game animals.

Sight Cast Fly fishing and bow hunting do it for me for same reasons.
              It's harder to do and gets my heart rate up!

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Flyfishing for redfish? Whats that? Its been so long.

Congrats on the reds. My personal best on a flyrod is 28" also. Heck of a fight.

What fly are you using?

That day anything we threw within 4’ of their head they would demolish. Mainly we used little baitfish patterns in light brown or green. When the fly hit the water they would start looking. I haven’t found a picky redfish yet but then again I only go 3-4 times per year with a fly rod. Tight flies!

Comment

How’s the fishing in December and January at POC?

Comment

Anyone ever fished Miami from shore? Gonna be there next week for work, won’t have time to book a trip but the JW is close to the mouth of the Miami River and a beach park so was contemplating throwing my 8wt in my bag

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                      Anyone ever fished Miami from shore? Gonna be there next week for work, won’t have time to book a trip but the JW is close to the mouth of the Miami River and a beach park so was contemplating throwing my 8wt in my bag

Any kind of structure will hold fish down there... I’d fish around some docks or a marina if you can find one that’ll let ya in. Mangrove snapper, snook, reds and trout are always hanging around.

Last edited by TexanDuke; 11-07-2019, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
                        Any kind of structure will hold fish down there... I’d fish around some docks or a marina if you can find one that’ll let ya in. Mangrove snapper, snook, reds and trout are always hanging around.

Thanks. Definitely gonna pack my gear. A 3 day non-res license is less than $20. Hopefully I’ll have time to wet a line

Comment

Fished Sunday with Captain Mason Matejcek again and it was great. I joined the 31” + club for a redfish on a fly. Lots of really good quality fish caught with him this month and last month.

Oh and DIY on the Guadalupe has been great!

Comment

Fished Sunday with Captain Mason Matejcek again and it was great. I joined the 31” + club for a redfish on a fly. Lots of really good quality fish caught with him this month and last month.

Oh and DIY on the Guadalupe has been great!

That’s on my bucket list. Nice reds and trout!!!

Michael

Comment

That Salt R looks good on the Meridian! I almost went with the same on my 9wt Nrx...

Comment

Originally posted by Matador View Post
                                That Salt R looks good on the Meridian! I almost went with the same on my 9wt Nrx...

It is pretty! That’s his stuff and 7 wt. My redfish rig is old school Sage RPLX 3 piece 8 wt. with Orvis Hydros. We left my rods ready for backup and I don’t mine using someone else’s great equipment!

Comment

Working...
                                X