No announcement yet.

Official 2019-2020 Lake Whitney and Aquilla Hunting and Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to everyone this morning and post up some pics. Those of us missing this weekend working it s***s.

Comment

Drinking coffee and getting ready to work.

God bless those who are hunting today, and those who are not!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby86 View Post
        My wife is gonna be hunting out of a vanish XT since I can’t convince her to try the sit drag [emoji23].

If you wanna try it out, let me know. It’s pretty modified, but it works the same as my mantis. I’m not 100% sure it won’t be more comfortable but I haven’t spent enough time in the mantis to get the adjustments down pat for all day sits.

Don’t rule out the Kestrel Flex. If I had known about it sooner I likely would have gone that route over the mantis.

If you wanna borrow it, I have 11mm rope for a tether setup already with a Prussik, but you’d still need a lineman’s belt.

I went to a ropeman 1 for my lineman’s belt and my tether this year and that things a game changer!

I might like to give it a try sometime, and yeah from what I’ve searched and learned the flex looks like it would be more comfortable. Being able to open it up and cover more area to prevent sliding up. Honestly if I can reduce my weight by 15# and still be able to shoot I’ll be satisfied

Comment

Sure is quite on here.

Comment

I’ve seen about 1,000 pigeons and 100 dove up here in ftworth at work slow opening day for me lmao

Comment

Was hoping for some Ldp’s by now

Comment

Well. I coulda shot a small spike. Came in at 15 yards spikes only about an inch long. I watched him for a minute then the wind swirled and he winded me. I was gonna let him walk anyway. At least I saw one.

Comment

We’re having a fishing tournament out of Whitney for my cousin and family. Here’s the info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone do any good yet? I'm holding off till next weekend it was awfully warm and windy opening morning out there.

Comment

Last edited by Justones01; 09-29-2019, 09:38 AM.

Comment

This is the deadhead I found doing some post season scouting in Febuary on A&W property. No evidence of cause of death. 20+ in. spread. Some of the tines were chewed down by rodents. Seems to be a somewhat mature public land buck. Hopefully it provides some inspiration for us to find a decent buck out there.

Comment

Last edited by Justones01; 09-29-2019, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Comment

Im surprised no one has posted up much on an opening weekend.

Comment

Was out all morning. Just got back home. Saw 2 doe. Found lots of sign and some nice setups for later. Smiled and waved to couple cameras. It got warm quick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X