Safe problem......can't get in.. TBH Brain Trust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safe problem......can't get in.. TBH Brain Trust

My Canon Safe with a mechanical combo is 17 years old. I've graphited it twice through the years and I'm probably due for another one now. However....can't get the **** thing open now. Never really had an issue with it and I'm about ready to take a sledge to it.. Need my shotgun tomorrow..

Any tips to getting it to budge? And how much is it going to cost me if I need to get a locksmith out here?

Oh my goodness

Comment

Tannerite!

Comment

Metabo.

Sorry, no help. Slow down an turn the dial precisely.

Comment

Smart, It might take you 20 or more times, but it might open. Just turn your dial very slow each time you try and don't over run a #. Each time you try, turn the dial 3 or 4 times "slow" to the first #. I had to do this several times because kids and grand kids spun the dial over and over as fast as they could!! If this still doesn't work, you might have to go with the safe locksmith in Tyler. Call Cannon, might be covered under warranty!

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
            Smart, It might take you 20 or more times, but it might open. Just turn your dial very slow each time you try and don't over run a #. Each time you try, turn the dial 3 or 4 times "slow" to the first #. I had to do this several times because kids and grand kids spun the dial over and over as fast as they could!! If this still doesn't work, you might have to go with the safe locksmith in Tyler.

I'm at over 70 in 2 hours now.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep trying slowly.

Comment

I got to much heart to post something devious, like I was about to . Hope ya get it figured out my friend.

Comment

You have to stop on each # with out going past. I can't say enough. SLOWLY!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  I'm at over 70 in 2 hours now.

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep trying slowly.
                  Maybe try the correct combination

Just trying to help out!

Comment

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turn the dial counter clockwise 20 times to 'reset' the mechanism. Turn dial slowly and accurately. Should open. Call locksmith - they can get in.

Comment

Every time you hit a commbination number give the safe a good whack close to the mechanism.

Comment

You could use your shot gun to.........oh right, Never mind.

Comment

Hit it with a hammer a few times. Fixes most things in life.

Comment

Originally posted by kdenhead View Post
                              Turn the dial counter clockwise 20 times to 'reset' the mechanism. Turn dial slowly and accurately. Should open. Call locksmith - they can get in.
                              Mine is clockwise 50 times.....

Comment

Working...
                              X