It could be 23! Desert Bighorn Sheep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It could be 23! Desert Bighorn Sheep

I’m trying to get some stuff together so the wife and I can head out tomorrow for Elephant Mountain and the third leg of my Texas Grand Slam. We are scrambling to figure out logistics as my stepson broke his thumb in a 14U baseball game last night for the team I help coach. He is having surgery a week from today. Looks like we are taking two cars down so the wife can come back in case the hunt drags on. It is firestick only per tpwd so that’s what I am carrying!!!!

I do want to apologize for my lack of participation on TBH lately. I truly see this place as my family. It’s been the worst year of my life and only pray the dark cloud is about to pass. I lost my mother this year, had an emergency surgery, and have been through hell and back at work. There are many more things I can’t even begin to discuss. I know things will improve, they always do!

Hopefully I can knock down a sheep in a few days before this old fat man has a heart attack. Then I can head back home with the wife and be there for juniors surgery and coach again next Friday. I’ll keep it as live as I can. Hunting days are only Monday through Friday so time is short. If I get this done it will be number 23/29 for me.

Best of luck on the hunt and prayers for the thumb

Comment

Good luck Doc.

Comment

You got this Doc! You always do. My condolences on your mother and hope JR is okay. Prayers up for all!

Comment

Good luck! Hope you son heals quickly as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Man I have been looking forward to this. Good luck and sorry to hear about the little mans thumb.

Comment

Staying at the ranch house there?

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                Staying at the ranch house there?
                I believe that is the plan. Staying on the property.

Comment

Give Dewey a kiss for me!!Haha He should be one of your guides.

Comment

Good luck on the sheep. Tpwd staff will take good care of ya.
                    Hope your year gets better.

Comment

Good luck Doc!

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about all the rough stuff, Doc. Prayers sent that Jr.'s surgery and recovery goes well and that you guys get a break from the struggles.

Best of luck to you on the hunt! Give Dewey a kiss for me too. (green cap guy)

Comment

Good luck to you on the hunt and with life. I can’t wait to see how this hunt turns out!

Comment

Good luck Doc.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X