Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trout /Reds near Venice ??? Where to go ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where would y'all go for the best trout and red fish near Venice La. ? Lots of places in the area, just wondering who is the best down that away . Thank you

Give Paradise plus a call, Anthony is a great guy.

Comment

I was in Venice in March and October offshore fishing, I never saw the first trout brought into the cleaning table. Nothing but reds and sheepshead. I’d go to Hackberry, much closer.

Comment

I’d reach out to Michael Pittman
        Not sure what his flats guide service is called, but you can definitely get a hold of him through Fish Venice as his wife runs the booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

New Orleans Fishing Guides, Charters, and lodging are offered at J-Bar Sportfishing Lodge in Louisiana.

Jeff Johnson
          Empire, La

Click on the redfish tab on the link. That’s me holding the big bull red and several other pics of me and my group used throughout his website. Been going for a decade. Jeff’s like family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Last edited by Hix; 02-10-2019, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Are you looking for a Guide or a fishing spot? The trout fishing has been off this year for some reason but the redfish have been everywhere. The trout fishing wont pick up again till march down here. I can show you a few areas to try on a map or I if you're looking for a guide I can point you in a good direction. I guided out of Buras, La for a while, just North of Venice.

Comment

Ya, call Anthony at Paradise Plus Guide Service. We always have great trips with him. He's good people.

Originally posted by bloodtrail18 View Post
              I guided out of Buras, La for a while, just North of Venice.
              You gotta know Anthony?

Comment

go to golden meadow, way better inshore fishing. Capt Troy Robichaux, personal friend and he's the best down there.

Comment

Look up Mart LaCoste he hammers the trout and reds daily
                  985-856-4477

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    I was in Venice in March and October offshore fishing, I never saw the first trout brought into the cleaning table. Nothing but reds and sheepshead. I’d go to Hackberry, much closer.
                    Normally yes, Last year or two have been awful for trout in Big Lake. Occasionally See R&G and Waltrip bringing in some Specks, but for the most part all the guides are just chasing Reds every day.

Everybody is pointing fingers, I am no expert so I don't have a clue other than less trout being caught. Low salinity levels due to rain, oyster dredging, erosion, increased shipping traffic, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X