Advice for the Lease Boss, it's time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice for the Lease Boss, it's time!

1. Get RID of members who won't help with feeders, feed and take it for granted you will fill THEIR feeders, maintenance/clean up at Camp!
    2. Get RID of members who show up for dinner at camp and don't bring food or beverages!
    3. Get RID of members who shoot any BUCK regardless of age or points...let the young ones mature!
    4. Get RID of members who can't even tell a mediocre hunting story/lie!
    5. Get RID of members who don't have the proper vehicle to hunt with and want to borrow yours!

A. KEEP members who pay on time and rarely hunt! ( I know..a push!)
    B. KEEP members who help stock the "tool/feed trailer!" Buy YOUR feed and store it for when needed!
    C. KEEP members that when they tell a "hunting story," it's believable (to a reasonable point.?)
    D. KEEP ANY member who is a GOOD Mechanic!!!
    E. KEEP members that 1-5 don't pertain to!
    F. KEEP ANY member who is younger than me and can contribute MUSCLE!

NOW, number 1 (to a point) does not TOTALLY apply to me...I do my share but with the physical limitations/age, it's less and less every year but I still at least make the effort!!

I'm thankful my son is the Lease Boss...but he works his A.. off every season filling feeders, maintaining the camp sites with some help from a few? Part of this RANT is why he is facing ANOTHER spine surgery soon (posted in another OP.) I try to help but I admit...I'm not much help these days. Landon is a BIG ole' strong man...but he can't do it all with a ole' Dad trying to help!!

Anyone who has ever been the "lease boss" knows exactly what I'm talking about....did it for a lot of years, got rid of the free loaders, now it's time SON, Git R Done! Your Dad!

To number 1, is supervising is considered helping by some of us "experts"!

Comment

That was pretty good.

Comment

Keep it simple stupid.

Give the people who act like democrats the boot and keep the people who act like republicans. Then you will have a successful lease.

And the leases that don't follow this train of thought will have no deer, be sh!@-holes and rely on surrounding leases to keep the deer population healthy.

Comment

Some will consider my OP as stupid, off the wall...but the longer you hunt and deal with others, this is Real World!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Did it for a lot of years...got tired of the nut kicks and glad to no longer be in that position.

Comment

Sounds like you were a push over as a lease “boss” for quite a while...or you are not the boss...it’s not really clear...or your “TBH son” is the boss?...maybe you are getting your house in order...at least on the internet...or just whining..still not clear...or complaining because your “TBH son” isn’t handling a lease.
                I can’t even tell what you are complaining about...

Comment

Unbelievable how many people can’t even replace a battery much less clean out wet protein
                  These same guys bring bread mayo and ham for the weekend

Comment

You need members?

Comment

What if your lease in family land instead, and the “free loaders” are relatives who “have a right to hunt and be on the land”? Ugh

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        You need members?
                        Yeah lol

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                          What if your lease in family land instead, and the “free loaders” are relatives who “have a right to hunt and be on the land”? Ugh

I know that feeling!

Comment

I guess I was "lease boss" for 18 years, seeing as how I paid for the whole thing. Kuma's mandate was followed pretty much like he laid out. The few paying hunters toed the mark or didn't hunt the next year. It made for a much happier camp.

Comment

Amen on all of these! Especially number 1 and the muscle part!

Comment

Working...
                              X