Best Caliber for Coyotes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Caliber for Coyotes?

I have a 204 but it is a Thompson Center so single Shot. Would prefer a bolt action.

Your thoughts....

.220 swift

Comment

Any caliber you have when you see one.

Comment

My coyote gun is a 1950 model Remington model 722 222caliber with 26 in barrel. Sweet gun Any gun that kills them is a good gun

Comment

220 swift
          22-250

Comment

.22-250

Comment

Man I love my .204 for yotes the 39gr blitzking and 40 gr vmax work them over pretty good out to 3-400 yards and little fur damage. The fast moving .22s work them over pretty good as well but I have been partial to the .204 and have yet to have one get up or run when hit in the chest.

You reload or off the shelf ammo only?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

300 RUM with a Starke 125 grain bullet moving at 3920 It is not for the guy wanting to keep a pelt HA HA

Comment

22-250

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like a 22-250 or a .223 because that is what I got lol.

Comment

22-250 is my pick, but any accurate centerfire from .17 cal on up, will work.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                        Man I love my .204 for yotes the 39gr blitzking and 40 gr vmax work them over pretty good out to 3-400 yards and little fur damage. The fast moving .22s work them over pretty good as well but I have been partial to the .204 and have yet to have one get up or run when hit in the chest.

You reload or off the shelf ammo only?

Hornady V-Max 32 gran. I love the gun and it hammers them. But is is a single shot and just looking for an easier reload for multiple shots. shot a Coyote on Sunday and it smoked him. Blew him to bits. it was impressive. Just wondering what else I could buy cheap to have a faster reload.
                        Last edited by Krivoman; 02-01-2019, 03:40 PM.

Comment

My recommendation is for a cz 527 American in your choice of calibers, mines a 223 and is by far my favorite rifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                            Hornady V-Max 32 gran. I love the gun and it hammers them. But is is a single shot and just looking for an easier reload for multiple shots. shot a Coyote on Sunday and it smoked him. Blew him to bits. it was impressive. Just wondering what else I could buy cheap to have a faster reload.
                            Originally posted by jnors06 View Post
                            My recommendation is for a cz 527 American in your choice of calibers, mines a 223 and is by far my favorite rifle.

This right here is my suggestion then if you already have a .204 can continue to shoot the same ammo and they are great shooting guns. I like getting the heavier and longer barreled varmint version but either of the CZ527 rifles in .204 should for the bill.

Comment

If you are hunting in coyotes in competition use a 243, minimal tracking thus less time wasted dragging them/looking for them. Ride around caliber you don't care if they tote the bullet to the brush use .223 or 22-250 with v-maxes

Comment

Working...
                              X