No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, that wind was howling!!! We Put a pretty good beat down on 19 inch redfish. But the only trout we saw was in a gut bucket

Outstanding time as usual sir!!

Only pic I got of the fish unfortunately. That and butt pucker channel[emoji1787][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to see y’all are using pure ice and none of that not pure ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Crazy windy day today but we gave em hell. Gigem95, Quakerbox and I ventured out to West Matty. 35 plus Reds and 2 flat fish, most were too small for the box but we had a heck of a good time...we couldn't buy a trout today... ?? Until next time boys!

Had a great time! Maybe next time I won’t lock my keys in the car! [emoji23][emoji2359]. Thanks again!!

Last edited by gigem95; 05-02-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Yea, that wind was howling!!! We Put a pretty good beat down on 19 inch redfish. But the only trout we saw was in a gut bucket

Outstanding time as usual sir!!

Only pic I got of the fish unfortunately. That and butt pucker channel[emoji1787][emoji23]

Pucker channel is right! [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
            Glad to see y’all are using pure ice and none of that not pure ice.

Nothing but the best!

Comment

LMAO! Butt pucker channel! Don't try this at home!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                Pucker channel is right! [emoji15]

Is that the diversion? If so that suckers looks sketchy at best. [emoji33]

Comment

Is that the diversion? If so that suckers looks sketchy at best. [emoji33]

Yessir. Sketchy!

Comment

I dont know how shallow that cut is and I'm not sure I want too!!

We won't even mention the giant trees

Comment

Have y'all had any problem running out that way this spring? I know several guys who got hung up real bad running out that way.

If you take the big cut that runs out to the east and comes out just north of Parker's Cut it's a lot easier. I know a couple guys still running out the south end of it but it's pretty sketchy. On a good tide like we have right now it's not that bad but on a low tide you may end up in a bind.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        I dont know how shallow that cut is and I'm not sure I want too!!

We won't even mention the giant trees

Just from looking at the picture all I can say is thank God that RFL will run on a wet sponge.

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post
                          Have y'all had any problem running out that way this spring? I know several guys who got hung up real bad running out that way.

If you take the big cut that runs out to the east and comes out just north of Parker's Cut it's a lot easier. I know a couple guys still running out the south end of it but it's pretty sketchy. On a good tide like we have right now it's not that bad but on a low tide you may end up in a bind.
                          I looked for you at the harbor yesterday to come say hi but didn't see a big tin boat.

The way we ran yesterday was different that last year. Last year we pretty much went straight and yesterday we took the cut furthest to the left. Mexico said he followed someone the last trip down so that's the way he went. I was holding on with both hands and my toes. I can say it was well marked and we stayed RIGHT ON TOP of the poles. On the way back in some guys ran out the middle cut. We passed them right as we got into the diversion. I assume they made it. It was a gray fiberglass boat with a raised console and a gen 2 etec. Had like 5 guys in it

Tide was much higher than I expected.

Just from looking at the picture all I can say is thank God that RFL will run on a wet sponge.
                          Yea they will. I needed a chiropractor when I got home last night but we never lost sight of the bottom nearly all day

Water was in really good shape where we fished. Reds where thick on oyster beds. At one point I was only fishing 15 yards from the boat and caught 3 reds in 3 casts

Comment

Originally posted by Coastal Ducks View Post

No sir but I've only been through it twice. Like Shane said I got lucky and followed a guy the first trip and tracked it. The farther south cut is full of logs but we did see a guy roll through it yesterday. He's braver than me.

Love my RFL, but they are not made for wind. Give and take I guess. We snugged the shoreline the whole way back in basically riding the grass and she did great. Ran over a bunch of skinny flats on the west end and she never skipped a beat

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

That diversion channel is hard on your nerves. I'm not a fan of it. A friend was in West Matagorda a few days ago and had the same results, a lot of reds, no trout. Job well done.

Comment

Go with what works for you but be careful. On a lower tide you may get in a bind. After the last river rise they went out and tried to find a gut that was passable enough to mark and could not find one out the whole south end of the DC. On decent tides I know guys have been running out that way but on low tides I know a couple guys running Tran Cats who got stuck bad trying to get out. It looks to me like you are running the path we ran last summer and there probably are still plenty of markers there. It's not like there is a navigation authority to go remove old poles after the path silts in. Just because there are poles does not mean there is a channel of any sort. Just be careful. I won't run out that way. Now I heard there is a little bit of a gut straight out but that there is one real skinny section you have to get over. I have not run that way. There is no reason to when we have a better option.

In your boat the route I am telling you is generally more protected and would be easier and many times calmer for your RFL. But use what works for you. I know I can get in and out of the east path on a pretty low tide.

Comment

Working...
                                X