2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
    Nice! Im headed that way in the morning to fish with my brother and one of his buddies in the surveyor tournament. Ought to be sporty in that 20-30 mph wind but at least you can hide around there.
    I fished that tournament.
    Sporty was right.
    Coming across Aransas on Saturday afternoon was no joke in that wind.

We lost by less than 3 ounces.
    All good..
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Alamo chapter tourney.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.8 KB
ID:	24583758

How'd yall do?

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
      I fished that tournament.
      Sporty was right.
      Coming across Aransas on Saturday afternoon was no joke in that wind.

We lost by less than 3 ounces.
      All good..
      [ATTACH]961691[/ATTACH]

How'd yall do?
      I think we weighed in around 8.5 lbs or close to it. Not enough to make the top 4. After hearing the guided numbers we thought we were going to be in the money but the unguided division whooped the guides. Our team captain forgot to mark us as artificial only before the tournament so we missed that little addition but i dont think it would have been enough to get us into 4th. We caught a 4 man of redfish but the biggest was 7lbs or so, couldnt find an upgrade and trout were all small too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        O"l cowtrap, haven't been in there for many years. Never seen more reds in my life like I have in there...
        Shhhh. No Reds in Cowtrap, Just hardheads. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by kevin nicholls View Post
          Shhhh. No Reds in Cowtrap, Just hardheads. Haha
          Lol.....

Years ago, I'll show my age.... around '03 or '04 my good friend and I eased into cowtrap. First thing we noticed was a big set of gill nets across the front that we had to drive around... it was a little alarming to say the least. That is until we noticed the TP&W symbol on each foam float.

Didn't take us long to find 2 guys in a TP&W boat, they were biologists and were doing a fish count survey. We talked to them a while, and they explained they net different locations from Sabin to Port Isabel.... their exact words were we net the whole inland coast of Texas, and cow trap has more redfish than anywhere else according to our survey's..... pretty cool to get to talk to them, and I think they were right

Comment

Any tips for fishing Jetty Park in Matagorda?

Comment

Originally posted by JKCASEY View Post
              Any tips for fishing Jetty Park in Matagorda?

Live shrimp!!!

Comment

I've seen so many redfish back in West Redfish Paradise that I thought I could walk across them. I love it back there in the winter time.

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                  I am looking to hit the speckled trout down out of Surfside, any tips? Thanks
                  Wind is supposed to start laying down later this week, I’d be watching the surf closely for this weekend. I won’t be able to make it to the salt this weekend so I’m sure it will lay down flat and green for y’all.

Comment

I was thinking about going to east matagorda this weekend and I usually fish down there in a south wind. How do y'all think this ENE wind they have forcast will affect the fishing?

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
                      Wind is supposed to start laying down later this week, I’d be watching the surf closely for this weekend. I won’t be able to make it to the salt this weekend so I’m sure it will lay down flat and green for y’all.
                      Hope so..... I hear the speckled trout are being caught on live shrimp under a cork

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Comment

If I dont have to work the rest of this week the wife daughter and I may try and head down to rockport or port aransas. Dount I will have the money for a charter this year maybe a short head boat trip. Any good fishing from shore lately around port a? Jettys, surf? Piers?

Comment

Offshore

Got to go Offshore this weekend for my annual Snapper trip. Winds were a blowing, 7' to 10' waves. Lotta people chumming the water going out. We got our limits Friday and Saturday. All of them Good size. Season open till August 1st for international waters. May have to make another trip down there before it ends.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice. I haven't been on a head boat for many years but the times I did go was with Dolohin Docks. Looks like they found plenty of Snapper.

Comment

Looks like this would be the morning to be fishing fellas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                                Looks like this would be the morning to be fishing fellas.
                                The sunrise alone would have been worth it. If this weekend goes by smoothly I may have to look into monday

Comment

Working...
                                X