Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff!
    Congrats on a good week!
    Just drove tge 11hrs home.. leaving much earlier next time...I10 and pretty much all of louisiana sucks...

And yeh..we are taking a break..with just indoor lessons for next few weeks/month
    Last edited by systemnt; 06-22-2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Our bunch of misfits went 2-0 todsy after playing aweful in the first game. It was a lot of their first time playing tournament ball, all in all they did great. This is my favorite bunch of kids I’ve ever coached, wish we had more tournaments with them...awesome little humans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Time to rest those arms and let them be kids. Get private lessons and throw couple times a week.

Comment

Comment

Long 10 hour drive home, but we made it! As soon as we got the car unloaded my knuckle head grabbed the blitz balls and a bat and said "dad pitch me a few I haven't hit anything today" Really kid? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
              Time to rest those arms and let them be kids. Get private lessons and throw couple times a week.
              I normally don't let him touch a baseball until a couple weeks before tryouts. Do you guys do a throwing program in the off-season?

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
                Long 10 hour drive home, but we made it! As soon as we got the car unloaded my knuckle head grabbed the blitz balls and a bat and said "dad pitch me a few I haven't hit anything today" Really kid? Lol
                Thats awesome! Lol
                Mine self commentated astros youtube games and plays the whole 11hr drive home.... right down to mentioning:
                "on deck is Tyler White.. hes hit 2 Home runs but not much else...looks like hes put on some weight.."
                I about drove in a ditch..

Comment

Congrats to all. On a side note in terms of training & developing as my son will enter his freshman year very undersized for his age at 14. He gets disappointed he can’t crush the ball like some others can. The size difference in some of these kids is amazing. Some are touching 5’9”-5’11” and 160-185 lbs at age 13
                  My son will work as hard as anybody & right now he does weighted ball drills to help power through at contact. He loves trying to smash them as far as possible so it’s a fun drill for him. He also does the over & under weight bat drills off of a tee. Just wondering what others are doing that helps on strength & conditioning

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Thats awesome! Lol
                    Mine self commentated astros youtube games and plays the whole 11hr drive home.... right down to mentioning:
                    "on deck is Tyler White.. hes hit 2 Home runs but not much else...looks like hes put on some weight.."
                    I about drove in a ditch..
                    Good stuff!

Comment

We leave today for an Area Code tryout tomorrow. Get home and fly to Atlanta on Thursday. Our season runs through July. Will be his last local year. I think next year he will be assigned a Summer program and most seem to be up North

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        We leave today for an Area Code tryout tomorrow. Get home and fly to Atlanta on Thursday. Our season runs through July. Will be his last local year. I think next year he will be assigned a Summer program and most seem to be up North
                        Very cool. Please keep us posted... that whole process is interesting

Comment

Well we are in Houston. Area Code tryout. Looks like he will be throwing in the rain. Watched the position players BP. Watched a little 160# shortstop go yard 4 out of 8 swings and laced 3 others. Wish I knew name but they all wear same T-shirt and just have a number assigned
                          Attached Files

Comment

Pitchers and catchers- mine is tall knucklehead back right
                            Attached Files

Comment

Our All Stars went 2-0 Saturday, won the 1st one Sunday, then got fed to Aledo Black. Snoop played great, and played better against Aledo. Too many of our kids weren't ready when they started getting the ball hit hard at them...

Comment

Think these kids have a little pressure pitching
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X