ISO 12ga Shotgun review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO 12ga Shotgun review

looking for a new all around magnum style 2 3/4 -3.5 12ga shotgun and have it narrowed down to the beretta a400 xtreme plus with the kickoff, the browning maxus wicked wings, and the browning A5 wicked wings.

does anyone have any experience shooting these three shotguns that can provide a review or feedback on likes and dislikes? Im reeeallly leaning towards the browning line just hard to decide on the gas vs recoil. I will be using it as an all around shotgun for dove quail pheasant duck and predators any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

No experience with either but the benelli sbe ii is a work horse. But if the others fit you better or you like them more, then go with one of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks for the reply ive hunted both the sbeII and SBEIII but I couldn't ever get comfortable with them. I didn't like the tight trigger hole and my glove kept get caught in the sbeII which they fixed in the sbeIII but just didn't fit me.

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
      No experience with either but the benelli sbe ii is a work horse. But if the others fit you better or you like them more, then go with one of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have the Maxus and xt plus. Both great guns , all depends which one fits you best as far as fit and feel. Had an A5. No issues with it, but just didn't care for it. I am probably gonna sell the xtreme plus as I grab the maxus more.

Comment

The new style a5 is gas operated not recoil. They use the same ejection system as a beneli. Beneli had a patent that ran out on their ejection system and browning adopted it. The old style auto 5 is a recoil gun. The new a5 wicked wing is a great looking gun, its light and shoots great. Personally ima o/u guy so I shoot a cynergy 12 for ducks and a citori 20 for doves

Comment

Originally posted by pervis View Post
            The new style a5 is gas operated not recoil. They use the same ejection system as a beneli. Beneli had a patent that ran out on their ejection system and browning adopted it. The old style auto 5 is a recoil gun. The new a5 wicked wing is a great looking gun, its light and shoots great. Personally ima o/u guy so I shoot a cynergy 12 for ducks and a citori 20 for doves
            The new A5 is Inertia operated not gas.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek H. View Post
              The new A5 is Inertia operated not gas.
              That's what I thought. I've not seen a gas jamanelli.

I'm kinda partial to beretta

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

My next one will be the A5 wicked wing. Tired of camo dipping chipping and causing corrosion, plus even though it’s Gas it’s nostalgic for me as my grandfather and great uncles market hunted around West bay with Remington model 11’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Direct from the Browning website:

Come Hell or High Water, The Hump is Back.

You may notice a family resemblance, but let’s get one thing straight, this ain’t your Grandpa’s Auto-5. In fact, the iconic humpback-shaped receiver is the only thing this new Browning autoloader shares with its legendary namesake. The all new Browning A5 is built to be the most reliable, fastest cycling, best performing and softest shooting recoil-operated (yes, recoil-operated) autoloader on the planet.
                  Last edited by Phillip Fields; 06-21-2019, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                    That's what I thought. I've not seen a gas jamanelli.

I'm kinda partial to beretta

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    haha, that's pretty good. Sorry I can't add any input to your discussion as I shoot an SBEII, but I just thought quacker was comical in his response.

Comment

Ive hunted with the Maxus, SBEII, A400, A5, and SX3. The SBEII just points that fastest and most naturally for me

The gun that I put through more hell than any of them was my Maxus. Absolute workhorse. However- the duratouch does wear off eventually as does the dip on the metal. The recoil system into the buttstock was blued steel and rusted nearly immediately as we primarily wade hunt so it got wet. I replaced it with a shur-shot system that was stainless-- issue solved and the recoil which was already soft was non-existent shooting box after box of 3.5s.

The main drawback for me with the maxus was the inability to extended the magazine tube and it did get dirty with the gas system. They advertise wipe off with ease but the coil around the piston was somewhat of a PITA.

The A400 was the softest shooting of any of them but it is heavy, bulky and the fore end was just awkward. I wanted so hard to love this gun because it looks and functions great but I hated the ergonomics.

Comment

I've hunted a decent amount with an a400. My duck hunting partner has two of them. I bought an A350 and love it. The A400 is heavy as compared to other top notch duck guns, but it's super reliable. A lot more reliable than Benelli's I've had experience with. I'm partial to gas operated guns personally. Never hunted with either one of those Brownings so can't give advice there.

Comment

Beretta A400

Comment

I have the a400 with Kick off,it is a dream to shoot,it is lighter than my SBE.

Comment

Working...
                            X