Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How far from Chronograph?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    I bought a bow from a member and have been shooting it a bit. Of course I had to check the speed against my old trusty Primal....after shooting them both the new bow is quicker. 280 vs. 263 with a hunting arrow. I am satisfied with this speed considering I only shoot 27.5" draw.

I am wondering how far away do you put the Chronograph to get an official speed? I was 12-14 feet from it and all I really cared about was "is it faster?" How far are y'all putting the chrony from the bow when you check speed? Is there an industry standard?

Usually 3-5’ for launch speed for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
      Ladies and Gentlemen,
      I bought a bow from a member and have been shooting it a bit. Of course I had to check the speed against my old trusty Primal....after shooting them both the new bow is quicker. 280 vs. 263 with a hunting arrow. I am satisfied with this speed considering I only shoot 27.5" draw.

I am wondering how far away do you put the Chronograph to get an official speed? I was 12-14 feet from it and all I really cared about was "is it faster?" How far are y'all putting the chrony from the bow when you check speed? Is there an industry standard?
      How do you like that creed?

Comment

the arrow needs to clear the bow. that's it. most set up around 3 ft

Comment

Turned it all the way up to 70#. I am going to have to change the rest. I should have bought that qad from him after all. I can't stand the arrow popping off of the rest while drawing. Can't wait to let it eat! Louder than I expected but going to get her dialed in and try to skewer a piggy with it.

Comment

3' is perfect

Comment

I agree, I do about 3-4’ away from chrono

Comment

Originally posted by Jon B View Post
                Ladies and Gentlemen,

A little over arrows length

Comment

4-6’ for me

Side note:

You said “arrow popping off”

Is this due to hitting back wall too hard?

Or.. is arrow lifting off rest during draw cycle?... if so that will be a nock pinch issue (loop too tight)

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    4-6’ for me

Side note:

You said “arrow popping off”

Is this due to hitting back wall too hard?

Or.. is arrow lifting off rest during draw cycle?... if so that will be a nock pinch issue (loop too tight)
                    I guess I need to check my loop, thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                    X