Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    Picked it up from FFL this evening! I must say, this is the most comfortable rifle I have ever handled! I now wish I would have had an additional caliber built in this gun as well.

I’ll get the swaro mounted tomorrow. We have company in town, so I was rushed tonight.

Moist. Very moist.

Comment

Has anyone put a Leupold with a 56mm objective on theirs yet? If so was it low or medium rings?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        Has anyone put a Leupold with a 56mm objective on theirs yet? If so was it low or medium rings?

I’ll find out once I get the call. Have a vx5HD 3-15x56 waiting patiently.

Comment

Someone who has gotten their's, PLEASE measure the LOP for me.......dang these are looking REALLY ****** !!!!
          Great job to Robert and his artists

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
            I’ll find out once I get the call. Have a vx5HD 3-15x56 waiting patiently.
            Mine will be picked up today and I’m sure I can find someone in town that has the right rings and I’ll update then

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Mine will be picked up today and I’m sure I can find someone in town that has the right rings and I’ll update then
              I have a 44mm vx5 and I used seekins lows and have 3/16 to 1/4 clearance between scope and barrel. If using seekins i would guess mediums but not positive.

I really wish there was a standard on scope ring heights. They vary so much from one manufacturer to another.

Comment

Originally posted by txagyotebuster View Post
                I have a 44mm vx5 and I used seekins lows and have 3/16 to 1/4 clearance between scope and barrel. If using seekins i would guess mediums but not positive.

I really wish there was a standard on scope ring heights. They vary so much from one manufacturer to another.
                That'd be cutting it close. 56mm needs about .24" more clearance.
                I think we talked about it a few hundred posts earlier in this thread and someone said medium. My scope is sitting in medium vortex pro rings so I was going to try that out first before getting any others.

Comment

Which swaro are you going with?

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                  Picked it up from FFL this evening! I must say, this is the most comfortable rifle I have ever handled! I now wish I would have had an additional caliber built in this gun as well.

I’ll get the swaro mounted tomorrow. We have company in town, so I was rushed tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                    Which swaro are you going with?
                    Z5 5-25x52

Ill get it mounted today

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
                      That'd be cutting it close. 56mm needs about .24" more clearance.
                      I think we talked about it a few hundred posts earlier in this thread and someone said medium. My scope is sitting in medium vortex pro rings so I was going to try that out first before getting any others.

You'll definitely need mediums at the very least. Possibly highs. Hoping mediums work for you guys for cheek weld purposes

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
                        Someone who has gotten their's, PLEASE measure the LOP for me.......dang these are looking REALLY ****** !!!!
                        Great job to Robert and his artists
                        13-3/4" on mine. My son picked it up Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by gfulton View Post
                          13-3/4" on mine. My son picked it up Saturday.
                          Have you gotten it from him? Surprised you haven't been by to rub it in my face lol.

Comment

I had a shv a few years ago with a 56 obj. Ran NF low rings

Comment

Local ffl just called that she’s ready for pick up!

Have the leupold but just have to get rings somewhere local here to The Woodlands to get her mounted up.

Comment

Tier 1
                                6mm creedmoor
                                proof sendero finished at 22"
                                1-7.5
                                Harrells Gill
                                Hawkins DBM
                                Trigtech special at 2lbs.
                                Manners elite tactial blk. forrest

Keaton will be kind enough to post pics for me.
                                Last edited by gfulton; 06-07-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X