Sprinkler timer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sprinkler timer?

What is a good timer to put on my sprinkler system? I put a brand new Rainbird on back in the spring of last year. It's a piece of crap. Time loses 30min a week and now the stations are coming on with the timer in the OFF position. I only have 4 stations. What is a good one to get that won't break the bank?

I like my Orbit B-hyve.

Comment

You might try taking it back for warranty. I have used rainbird on my house and many other commercial sites and haven't had any issues.

Comment

Rainbird is crap. I use Hunter on all systems and never any problems.

Comment

What about Toro? That was what was on and replaced with the Rainbird. The Toro was there when we bought the house 1999.

Comment

I have a Rainbird and its ok. If I got another it would be this:

I have a few friends that love theirs because of the app control. If you don't want a smart controller, then toro or hunter may be the best options.

Comment

I see absolutely no reason for a SMART timer for sprinklers. Just set your settings and forget about it. Let it do its thing.

Comment

Hunter

Comment

We use hunter controllers exclusively. Excellent controllers for the money

Comment

Rachio Gen 2 or 3. Forgot to read the part about breaking the bank.

Comment

How are the GPS/weather sprinkler controllers? Are they worth the money? Do they do a good job?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        I see absolutely no reason for a SMART timer for sprinklers. Just set your settings and forget about it. Let it do its thing.
                        Then Hunter or Toro. The one thing I like about a smart timer is that I can turn it off or on from any where, based on the weather conditions.

Comment

Got an Orbit and it's been going strong for 3years now...4 stations...

Comment

Good info here. I have a rain bird that has been problem-free but have been thinking of upgrading to something WiFi connected. 10 zones so lots of water if it runs without being needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                              Good info here. I have a rain bird that has been problem-free but have been thinking of upgrading to something WiFi connected. 10 zones so lots of water if it runs without being needed.
                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Comment

Working...
                              X