Tamarindo Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tamarindo Costa Rica

Heading to Tamarindo tomorrow, would like recommendations for tour guides or fishing guides, restaurants etc. I'm going to go fishing for one day while there.
    Thanks,

We stayed there a few years ago... I have a thread from it you'll just need to search it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      We stayed there a few years ago... I have a thread from it you'll just need to search it.

Is this the thread? I didn't see any mention of fishing guides or restaurants in that thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
        https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=tamarindo

Is this the thread? I didn't see any mention of fishing guides or restaurants in that thread.
        Crap I guess there wasn't... we fished with Coyote... good guys. Would definitely recommend. As for restaurants man I don't remember... I know we hit several.

Comment

Grab a burger at witches rock surf camp and chill.. theres a super good local beach called playa grande that has a stand w the best tacos and smoothies around
          be sure to tip the local guy when u park they will watch your car for u..
          If u have time take a trip to avellana beach and hit up Lola's

Comment

Fished with Capullo Sport fishing a couple months ago. Boat, crew, and equipment were all good. Would fish with them again.

Book the perfect ocean adventure with Capullo Sports Fishing Charter Cast, Reel, and Explore the waters of Tamarindo, Costa Rica Book a tour Get the Full Deep Sea Fishing Experience What Makes Capullo Different Interactive Adventure Every trip with us is an exciting learning journey, tailored for you.Talk to the Captains, learn how to tie knots … Home Read More »

Restaurants: Pangas Beach Club, Café Tico, Green Papaya, El Chiringuito, Nogui's, etc..

Comment

Not the area you’re talking about, but, they may make it up north. Double Nickel in Quepos.

Comment

Stay off the Monkey Trail. Bad experience.

Comment

My wife and I are headed to Tamarindo in July. I have Rick on the Rhino Charger booked for a day..considering taking Coyote another day.

Also considering fourwheelers/ziplines one day. I've been trying to research other things we'd be interested in.

Keep us posted on the restaurants and activities you enjoy most! Have a nice trip

Comment

Was there for a wedding a few years ago. Nice town, pretty Westernized, they call it Tama-gringo. We stayed in a nice AirBnB, had some friends stay at Ocho below. The owner was really nice and let us hang out there, the place has amazing wood work. We fished with Dream on, nice guys, and a nice boat but we only caught a small dolphin. And drank all of the Imeperials on the boat when we were still offshore

Experience unparalleled fishing with charter services in Playas del Coco, El Coco & Papagayo. Costa Rica's top-rated sportfishing charters available online for Tamarindo, Playas del Coco, Ocotal, Portrero and Playa Hermosa. Book your Dream On Sport Fishing adventure in Costa Rica at Flamingo Marina now.

Comment

Food: Bamboo Sushi Club, Pangas Beach Club, Noguis
                      Night Life: Crazy Monkey's Bar
                      Boat: Talking Fish Capt. Randy Wilson

Comment

I was there about a month ago. I didn’t fish this trip so no help there. We did golf and the course was fun, I will play it again. There is an Argentinan steak restaurant that was really good. We also did a beach/pool/pub crawl for a day and I enjoyed that. Our day was small group and laid back relaxing but some days it’s a lively party atmosphere. We also had dinner right on the beach at sunset and then watched a fire show. My seafood was good, but not awesome. Decent live music at several spots each night. Enjoy!

Comment

Have you been fishing yet? Report?

Comment

Originally posted by cnc_xt View Post
                            My wife and I are headed to Tamarindo in July. I have Rick on the Rhino Charger booked for a day..considering taking Coyote another day.

Also considering fourwheelers/ziplines one day. I've been trying to research other things we'd be interested in.

Keep us posted on the restaurants and activities you enjoy most! Have a nice trip
                            We got back last night. We had a really nice trip. I found the food to be really good. We ate at Breakfast Grinds for breakfast twice, really good eggs bacon pancakes etc. Breaking bread was also good for breakfast, owner was really cool. For lunch/dinner meals we had El Be, Little Lucha tacos, El Chiringuito, Witches Rock, Shrimp Hole, drove over to Flamingo and ate at Coco Loco, and a few I can't remember. All had good food, fresh. I would recommend all of those places, but wouldn't recommend the burger at Witches Rock pretty basic frozen patty style burger.

I ended up just talking to guys on the beach and went fishing for a half day on a small Panga style boat with a guy named Coto and his son Jose. It cost $350 and we got our moneys worth. Caught 6 Mahi mahi and some small black fin tuna.

Went ziplined at a place called Monkey Jungle Zip Line Canopy Tour. It was a short drive from Tamarindo and we were the only ones there that morning. They had 7 zip lines and it was pretty cool being up there with the monkeys.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X