Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you still have the antlers from you first buck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you still have the antlers from you first buck?

Mom was doing some some cleaning in the garage and found the antlers to my first deer. Tickled me, she made it a point to drop them off at the house to me. It was a small 6 I killed in Freer when I was 8. I remember it like it was yesterday, had to sit on Dad’s knee to see over the window. I was shooting a youth Remington 243 that’s in my safe now. Only problem is the skull cap is broke in half. My wife wants to do something with them, any creative ideas?

Great memories of your first buck. I no longer have the antlers to my first buck but I do have pictures and remember quite well.

Comment

I do hanging in my home office.......circa 1977...same mount kit as well..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jason 1st spike.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	24580122

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jason's First.....1.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	24580121

Comment

Maybe at my parents. Shot a spike in the morning for #1. That evening I shot an 8pt (#2) which is shoulder mounted and in my home

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Not just my first one. I have the antlers off all 48 bucks I've shot, with the exception of 1 or maybe 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            I do hanging in my home office.......circa 1977...same mount kit as well..

[ATTACH]957842[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]957841[/ATTACH]
            Thanks for sharing the pics. What county?

Comment

Got mine hanging above the door to my room. Still on the same plaque my grandpa made for that little 3pt trophy. Actually have the antlers to every buck I’ve ever killed, most just in a box collecting dust but I still have them none the less.

Comment

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                Great memories of your first buck. I no longer have the antlers to my first buck but I do have pictures and remember quite well.
                The story is even better! That’s the day my addiction started, Lol

Comment

Squirrels chewed up my first. It was a seven point hung on a fence post.

Comment

Yes I do. Tiny basket-racked 8 point from Hamilton County, over 30 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by ostey22 View Post
                      Thanks for sharing the pics. What county?

Killed outside Edroy, Texas on the Nueces River. My grandparents leased 120 acres for 27 years until the lady passed away. I was fortunate to hunt on it for 15 years of my life. Son sold it to a strip mining company is what we heard. San Patricio County

Last edited by Smart; 05-21-2019, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Yep, basket 8 point on opening day 2002. I thought it was the biggest buck ever! haven't shot an 8 point that small since! LOL

Comment

Yes and no to your two questions.

Comment

Yes

I have a shoulder mount of my first buck with a rifle and first buck with a bow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Still have em . Set of spike horns mounted and hanging in my son's bedroom today. Memories

Comment

Working...
                              X