What gun for nilgai?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    It would be way more funny if it were closer to the truth.
    Because all cartoons are realistic, right?

I know humor is a tough concept to grasp, but at least try!

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
      Not creedmoor dead
      Yes sir, just heard that King Ranch banned the Creedmoor calibers from Nilgai hunts. Tears up the meat too bad and too many bang flops. Not very sporting.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
        I got a 22 Hornet you can borrow. I got ammo loaded for it, kills them real dead. I can bring it to Bownanza this weekend if you gonna be there.
        Geez. Leave some critters for the rest of us!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
          Based on the conversation here I will probably be borrowing a nosler my dad had built. I'd guess it has a swaro on top but not positive. As for the bullet, I'm honestly not sure. He typically buys match grade stuff, but I need to get it from him Saturday so i will know then, or buy some new if what he has isnt sufficient.

My gun is a nosler with the 140gr nosler trophy grade ammo. Leopold nothing special something scope.

I think we hunt Similar to what you described you do, but not sure about the brush situation.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That Trophy Grade ammo could be great. . . or a tragic fail. All depends on the projectile. Trophy grade comes in accubond or E-tip varmint rounds with several offerings in between.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
            Geez. Leave some critters for the rest of us!!

Comment

Yes sir, just heard that King Ranch banned the Creedmoor calibers from Nilgai hunts. Tears up the meat too bad and too many bang flops. Not very sporting.
              Gotta give those critters some sort of chance!

Comment

How come these Nilgai caliber threads always end up in a pizzin match? I bet a spotted mule that they has been 100 Nilgai caliber threads on here and ever one of them goes south.

Comment

How come these Nilgai caliber threads always end up in a pizzin match? I bet a spotted mule that they has been 100 Nilgai caliber threads on here and ever one of them goes south.
                  LOL, I think it boils down to one of two things:

1: people asking for advise and then not listening to those that give the advise

2: people thinking their opinion is absolute and that there cant be other options

These threads could be much shorter.

Question: is a 6.5 enough gun to kill a nilgai?

Answer: Absolutely it is, under the right circumstances, nilgai are not bullet proof. However, those circumstances are few and far between in real world hunts and it would be recommended that a .30 cal magnum be used to help when those right circumstances do not present themselves.

Comment

I knew a guy that was hired by the Kennedy ranch to kill as many as he could bc they were destroying all the high dollar kingranch fenceline and cows were getting lost.
                    All he used was a 243 and he shot em in white spot of neck or broadside near the hump and it would drop em.

I shot several w 180gr 3006 shoulder shot and they still ran

Comment

It’s always fun

I don’t care what a fella uses. Except a tank. Cuz I’d be mad that I didn’t get to witness it.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                        LOL, I think it boils down to one of two things:

1: people asking for advise and then not listening to those that give the advise

2: people thinking their opinion is absolute and that there cant be other options

These threads could be much shorter.

Question: is a 6.5 enough gun to kill a nilgai?

Answer: Absolutely it is, under the right circumstances, nilgai are not bullet proof. However, those circumstances are few and far between in real world hunts and it would be recommended that a .30 cal magnum be used to help when those right circumstances do not present themselves.
                        Boy Howdy, them threads about binoculars and spotting scopes get rowdy too. I went hunting in west Texas one time with an old man, he had a beat up Remington 788 with a Tasco scope on it. I asked him how come he did not have a nicer scope on it. He replied "Why".

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                          It’s always fun

I don’t care what a fella uses. Except a tank. Cuz I’d be mad that I didn’t get to witness it.
                          Aint no one talks about the missin, just the hittin. . There was some guy on here posted about killing Nilgai with a 22 Hornet and he did it "all day long", they was all bang flops too.

Comment

in for the comments

Comment

Aint no one talks about the missin, just the hittin. . There was some guy on here posted about killing Nilgai with a 22 Hornet and he did it "all day long", they was all bang flops too.
                              I met that guy!! He was telling me about smoking cigars that Bill Clinton gave him and killing charging lions with a ruger American 6.5 creed. That’s the hero we want. The hero we need!!

Comment

[emoji23]lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X