Obsession bows. Are they the real deal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve shot the big 3 for about 18 years with the last 8 of that being bowtech. I’m currently shooting an insanity cpxl and don’t have many complaints. I’ve been looking for a bow that will beat it on specs and speed for several years but haven’t come across anything that can compete. I looked at some obsession bows and their specs look legit. Who’s shooting them and how do you like them compared to the big 3?

I picked my Def Con 6 over the big 3 a couple years ago. Love it. It fit my the best, drew the easiest and was quiet and dead in the hand. Not sure about speed and not concerned as i shoot a 595 grain arrow. Fast enough for me.

Comment

Who's the big 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Who's the big 3?
        Hoyt Mathews bowtech is who I consider the big three. You could throw bear and pse in there too to round out the big 5. But I’ve only shot Mathews Hoyt and bowtech. Really like the overdrive cam system.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
          I picked my Def Con 6 over the big 3 a couple years ago. Love it. It fit my the best, drew the easiest and was quiet and dead in the hand. Not sure about speed and not concerned as i shoot a 595 grain arrow. Fast enough for me.
          I guess I shouldn’t say speed. More power than anything as I’m shooting 525 grain arrows. But a little extra IBO should flatten the trajectory a tad

Comment

My son is shooting the Obsession Hashtag, it is there youth bow. He has killed 5 deer with it, he loves it. The only problem I had was nobody around where I live sells Obsession bows. So I ordered it from Lancaster Archery, was going to come all set up. Well it was above my head to set it up right, so I had to take it to my local bow shop and get them to help set it up properly for my son.

Comment

I have shot the Fusion 7 and currently shooting the Evolution (2014). They shoot very well. I shoot a 500gr arrow at 60# and 28" draw. I get right at 280fps out of mine and its quiet as a mouse fart. The buck in my avatar was killed with my Evo this year. I cant wait to get my hands on the line up.

Here is the pic not cropped. It shows my bow.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bowaddict40; 02-22-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

The evolution is one of the best bows I’ve ever shot(still mad I sold it). I got a fusion 6 next and didn’t like it near as much. I have heard that the new ones are fantastic. My best recommendation would be to find a dealer and shoot the lineup they offer.

Comment

Fact of what’s occurring at our shop...

Mathews and Bowtech are hot items with Elite being in the distance

Obsession barely gets mentioned.

Comment

I shoot an Obsession Sniper GT and absolutely love it. I went from Hoyt to Obsession and do not regret it at all. Very smooth and deadly quiet.

Comment

Matthews, Bowtech, Hoyt, Obsession are all great bows. Shoot them all and pick the one that you like best.

Comment

I shoot a 2015 Obsession Evolution. Cant remember the exact arrow weight set up for hunting I want to say a little under 400gr. Bloodsport fps arrow around 30" 7.9gpi with 100gr broadheads. It scoots along at 316-317 fps, those are the only 2 readings I have ever gotten on it through a chronograph. It shoots pretty good. I have killed 8 or so deer and just as many hogs with it as well as a few turkey. I didn't kill anything with my bow this year though. Seems to me to be pretty dead in the hand, quiet, smooth drawing. I have been able to group well enough with it out to 80 yards or so that I could easily kill a deer but would not actually try that shot. I have also dropped it off a 22ft ladder stand and it landed string/cams down. I picked it up cleaned it off and paper and French tuned it and it still shoots pretty good. It never even lost zero after I dropped it I could see some wobble in the arrow which is why I re tuned it.
                        Last edited by DuramaxDude; 02-22-2019, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Is bowtech really still in the conversation, I think it's just the big 2 Matthews/Hoyt, few years ago I would thought PSE was outselling Bowtech. Overall from what I'm hearing compound sales are way down and crossbow sales are going up.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                            I have shot the Fusion 7 and currently shooting the Evolution (2014). They shoot very well. I shoot a 500gr arrow at 60# and 28" draw. I get right at 280fps out of mine and its quiet as a mouse fart. The buck in my avatar was killed with my Evo this year. I cant wait to get my hands on the line up.

Here is the pic not cropped. It shows my bow.
                            Man that's fast allowing for 15 gr on the string your ibo is 372

Comment

Originally posted by Gil67 View Post
                              Man that's fast allowing for 15 gr on the string your ibo is 372

I think there is more than 15gr on my string. Peep, loop, kisser, and speed buttons. Sorry I put the wrong draw weight I put 60# in the other post. It’s at 65#. It is a great shooter. I’ll chrono it again and post some pictures when I’m at the bow shop again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by bowaddict40; 02-22-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X